YR/B&B on "Pluto TV Soaps" channel

• Members

Well he co-created and produced Holby City which is the Grey's equivalent for the BBC. So he probably would've done okay there. 

I didn't care for the "Everyday is a new day" But like you had he knew when to get rid of Chelsea, Kevin, and Chloe. Though I hated how they crafted Nate early on to be "Deepak Chopra" who came off as he knew Lily since elementary school instead of being first cousins and Neil and Dru's nephew/godson. 

I know it would never happen. But I wouldn't mind Loving and Ryan's Hope to stream on Hulu or the throwback page on ABC.com 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I loved Mal for dumping Chelsea, Kevin and Chloe. Chloe has always been an afterthought, which is a shame.

He definitely got a LOT wrong. He was smart in building up the younger crowd, who Griffith then had 'no story for'. Sigh.

I also could have done without the JT is an abuser but it's really not his fault after burying him alive. Yikes. 

Lily/Hillary was so something they pull off on the UK soaps. It's something soaps should do more often, frankly (the writing for it reeked and the optics of firing Morgan were awful so it was never going to work). They don't have 'the guts' to pull off killing someone (and we never believe it anyway), or doing a darker storyline.

I appreciated on some level the attempt at a more UK style soap mixed with US but it really couldn't work with Y&R. I'd love more of a shift on our US soaps but like I said, GH probably would have worked better, as long as he had a good head writer. But he also gives me 'Male JFP vibes' so I've always been mixed on Mal.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

This is awesome. I've never heard of this site and I'm super impressed with it so far. I like that you can watch in browser without the app and that you can watch live or on-demand.  And it's free and you don't need to make an account! Pretty much all I could ask for. If anyone out there is reading this, then know that your site has gained a new user because you put these soaps on there.  I'm really really hoping they add a lot more seasons, especially from the early years, the earlier the better!

I'm atually shocked they got Y&RB&B is out on a lot of platforms but licensing Y&R from Sony is a huge get.

The link in the first post goes to the live broadcast, so there are the on demand links I found:

https://pluto.tv/en/on-demand/series/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-bell-tv/details/season/32

https://pluto.tv/en/on-demand/series/the-young-and-the-restless-sony-rs/details/season/47

https://pluto.tv/en/on-demand/series/the-young-and-the-restless-sony-rs/details/season/48

• Members

It is nice to see GT’s Phyllis again but what a weird time to pick to start with Y&R reruns with starting in September 2018, especially since Ashley would soon depart, the pointless Dark Horse story was beginning, and the Rosales invasion was about to happen. Oh well the bad thing is looking back three years ago at least there was story and drama as tawdry and repulsive as it was. 

• Members

Frankly, the best way to get around music rights issues may be to stream, rather than sell episode compilations. I think this may be the reason why ATWT episodes can usually be up on YouTube for years, when most uploader account holders express that they don't intend to make any profit from the videos. I think the problems happen when people try to sell work with a copyright on it, especially when they had no part in creating the source material.

JMO, but if there were a link to identify the song, singer/songwriter and purchase the song in the description, something tells me there wouldn't be much objection.