Y&R October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Dear Josh Griffith

You know you are writing a soap opera. Maybe try having some of the stories take place ON SCREEN .     Naya's illness should be playing out on screen, Chance should be in town, not on a magical mystery case.  While I'm no fan of Kyle and Bummer, the fans deserved that wedding. (FF for me, but...).

It's your job to write onscreen stories, not mention drama after the fact.

Please register in order to view this content

signed,

Not Your Fans

Chelsea is now obsolete.  Sally has taken all of her potential scenes.

tmPIEHz.gif

• Members

I’m not sure where this Billy saves the day stuff is coming from either. Billy and Victoria haven’t been an item in several years. It reminds of last year when Billy had to play hero in The Who Shot Chance mystery even though Billy had ZERO reason to be involved. Yikes!

As for JG Sony should have never touched him after his last go around at Days with Ciara’s rape. What a mess. 

• Members

Yep. Thirding this sentiment of complete discouragement. I watch the show with a gaped mouth at how it is possible for a show to have been flatlining so low without any sign of life for so long.
As I said before, even the worst headwriters usually have at least some horrible bad stories here and there or super irrating characters that we can get angry at.
Here there is nothing. I don't even have enough to be pissed at or hate or have any kind of emotion or reaction. Watching something cook in my oven has more drama, suspense or emotional investment than this.
It is quite a feat of sucking any life or creativity out of a show with so much going for it on paper. And for Sony to care so little that they can be satisfied with this creative nothingness.

• Members

That outdoor set has a ton of parts of one of the old Chancellor Park sets.

The entire show is a bunch of scenes and no story — except for what took place off screen decades ago.

Anything with potential just dies when nothing’s done with it. We get a good scene with strong dialogue occasionally, but that’s not good soap, because THERE’S NO STORY.

I have never been so disgusted with this show.

• Members

Have to agree with above sentiments.

Drama is conflict but most of the couples are happily getting along w/o anything being set up to provide some angst further down the road..

Sharon/Rey (married for no reason in a drama free wedding) spend most of their time chatting about the Miami honeymoon we didn't see. Sharon Case seems a little off (maybe she's imbibing before her scenes to  get through) Her concern for Mariah's situation is being played very offhand.

Mariah/Tessa .Although the whole surrogate thing was amess at least we're seeing aconflict being played that makes some sense.

Nick/Phyllis. While La  Stafford munches the sets, Nick supports Phyllis and her snooping. Maybe Nick should be a little more annoyed?

Devon/Amanda. Totally fine with him racing over to Abby on the first night she moves in. Perhaps some doubts she could confide to Imani about him fathering that child?

Speaking of Imani, she's offscreen. Perfect spoiler for the drama free and rather boring Nate/Elena who sit around talking about nothing much.

Abby should have some resentment of chance putting her into conflict with Nina.

Faith/Moses-dates we don't see and not much else.

Billy/Lily. He is insufferable.They're supposedly equals in Chance.com but he initiates everything and she shows mild concern or disapproval. She should really be wondering WTF she's doing with that loser.

Micheal/Lauren-couldn't be happier. They had the chance to have Paul/Lauren be tempted into an affair to keep DD somewhat involved but preferred to drop him.

And so on...

Edited by Paul Raven