Daytime Broadcast Ratings: ‘General Hospital’ Thrives, CBS Game Shows Down Significantly Year to Year

Errol

• Webmaster
Eden McCoy, Laura Wright, Steve Burton, Chad Duell, General Hospital

"General Hospital" attracts its largest overall audience since the week of April 13, 2020, placing fourth and fifth in Women 25-54 and Women 18-49 rating, respectively. Find out how the daytime broadcast shows performed during the week of September 13-17, 2021.

Note: The post Daytime Broadcast Ratings: ‘General Hospital’ Thrives, CBS Game Shows Down Significantly Year to Year appeared first on the Soap Opera Network website.

Read More

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They have nothing to replace it with LOL. They could get even worse results ... but yeah The Talk feels dead to me. It has for a while. They tried salvaging it with male co-hosts. The idea wasn't bad but the audience just isn't there. 

I know people appreciated the anti-View aspect of The Talk but fluff and constantly losing co-hosts doesn't get you viewers. I thought it was a stupid idea way back when it replaced ATWT. And it's gotten further from it's original idea.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

If I have said this once, I have said it multiple times, over and over again: one cannot expect to build a successful show long-term, based on the premise of being in opposition to something. You have got to be "for" something. Being "anti" does not make for long-lasting success.

The joke is that The View, as messy as it is, still looks to be in a stronger position than The Talk. After all these years. Turns out that the majority of viewers who watch talk shows want their show to stand for something rather than nothing at all. Go figure.