Two Y&R Actors Return for Visit

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I do not mind either of them so what I am saying is not directing at them but "low-balling" is in the eyes of the beholder.

What feels like low-balling when you are still within a successful three-year turn on a soap might turn out to be a generous offer when you remember you are just one of thousands of  attractive young actors looking for work in Los Angeles and nobody outside of Y&R knows who you are.
I wish them the best on their career but I wouldn't be surprised if they came back. And I will say this: unlike many delusional young actors who left a soap after one contract convinced they were on the way to stardom and never to consider a soap role ever again, both of them seem to be speaking highly of Y&R and have genuinely considered staying.
So it would be less of a leap for them to come back once everyone has reconsidered what they can afford to pay and to be paid. This short visit is proof they are on good terms after all.

• Members

Shades of letting Tyler Johnson abruptly go and then bring him back a couple months later for a mini story to set new things in motion. After all the story built up for him they couldn’t keep him around?

Same with what happened to Lola becoming non-existent although Calle is off onto bigger and better things it appears. 

The funny thing is both characters  were sacrificed for Kyle & Summer yet it’s really amazing the show abruptly lost both Skyle actors…which strikes a strange note. I wonder just how “low” Y&R offered them?! I had a feeling the two would eventually come back but not this soon. Maybe this plays into my new notion that Sally is going to frame Phyllis for her staged murder

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

With Mealor, I guess Y&R was his first proper acting job. Come contract renewal the decision is to stay on for another 3 years or take the leap and maybe luck out with a primetime, streaming or cable gig.

Michael probably knows Y&R would bring him back so why not take a chance?

• Members

The industry is exploding with opportunities. Why stay on a soap that is incredibly time consuming (between the actual acting and new scripts you have to remember every day) with terrible material when you're young and hot and could be the 4th lead in a Amazon Prime original? Which would then result in a huge bump in instagram followers and endorsement deals. I don't know, it makes sense to me for both of them to leave. They know the show would take them back in a hearbeat so why not?