DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem Discussion Thread

• Members

Overall a good second episode. The story with Sonny/Will/Leo/Chad is the best one, with Ciara/Ben/Billie being the worst one, with the other two stories falling in between. 

I agree that so far it doesn't seem very ground breaking. It's not any more risque than the main show. They basically seems like a typical DAYS episode but with a budget from 10-15 years ago. 

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Episode 2

First off its only 39 minutes long. More commercials were added instead of the one on episode 1.

The robbery scenes were well done and I'm loving that set. I noticed it had some hunky shirtless guys on it.

Peter Porte premiered today. He's very handsome. He's an agent Shane sent to New Orleans to help out Billie. The tango they did was cute. Now Ciara is planning on going to a big party posing as princess Gina daughter.

The whole auction story was boring and sucked. It was a pure ripoff of the Golden Girls episode.

The highlight of episode 2 was Will and Sonny. 

Leo: Who's this hunk of man?...looking at Chad.

The lines were

Please register in order to view this content

Leo to Sonny: I've always loved Will but you've upgraded... referring to Chad.

Sonny thinks Will and Leo are sleeping together so he punches him.

Sonny and Will continue arguing about Leo.

Leo: I know Will only wants me for my Pee Cock.

Not sure if this is where Leo stares at Chad's package area.

Sonny to Will: Please tell me a real peacock exists?

Will explains why he's really there. Sonny is still not happy. 

Chad decides Leo needs to go home with them which delights Leo. He has another one liner about going home with them.

Leo to Chad: Isn't it nice that relationships have top and bottom?

Will tells Sonny he'll make it up to him with a romantic trip to Paris after he gets his Peacock story. He promises a night of romance. Sonny tells Will it's going to take more than one night. That scene with them was hot. They have chemistry but they haven't kissed yet but Ben and Ciara were already f u cking at the end of episode 2...ugh!

As they leave the hotel the camera pans to Chad's a$$ for a long time.  Damn nice view!  Billy Flynn has a nice one! Scene ends and episode goes to black.

• Members

What I found interesting, was the pacing of the first episode; Tony/Anna/Austin/Carrie are discussing Austin's plans to surprise Carrie; next we see Tony/Anna arrive at the event and running into John/Marlena who had also been discussing the event earlier as well. It seemed like an excellent execution of what Mal Young had wanted do at Y&R, but it was much less jarring. If this was on the original show, the auction would've taken place a few episodes later. 

Episode 2 was better and more fun. Leo was a riot.  You really see Chandler and Zach's amazing chemistry. I liked Billie and Kyle's dance. The story is silly. But an effort was made to make it entertaining. I forgot how dull Austin is.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Absolutely. They could totally do a spin-off based around Will and Sonny living in Arizona. They could have Leo decide to stay and cause trouble for them. Finally cast Sonny's brother Alex, who also lives in Arizona. They could give Alex a love interest.  Have Chad visit for an extended arc. Top it off with characters like Sami,  John, Marlena, Justin, popping in for visits. 

Edited by wingwalker