• Members

When Blake was revealed to be Christina and they announced they were bringing Roger back, Long told SOD she created Blake on paper and wanted her to have a secret from her past, but the strike happened before she could figure out what she wanted it to be, and scab writers introduced her. After the strike when Christoper Bernau became too sick to work, they asked Zaslow back as an Alan recast, but he and Nancy Curlee pushed to bring Roger back. When they decided to bring him back, the decision was made to turn Blake into Christina 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Having watched a fair bit of that time I think people give Elizabeth Dennehy's Blake too much criticism around here just because most of us adore Stringfield's. Dennehy wasn't as conventionally beautiful as Sherry, but she had a very arch, dark strength and also physically resembled Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction. Blake was a very distinct character with both Dennehy and Stringfield in the role but became nothing almost as soon as they recast with Liz Keifer, IMO.

• Members

I don't remember her Blake as sarcastic. I think when they turned her into Christina they might've redeveloped her into who they wanted the daughter of Roger and Holly to be. When they announced her firing, they said it was to take Blake in a new direction so that's the Blake Stringfield played. I actually loved Dennehy as Blake and hated them firing her, but Stringfield intrigued me immediately, especially how she used her deep voice to her advantage, especially when being sarcastic, just like Mama Holly. 

• 2 weeks later...