In Loving Memory: Jay Pickett (DAYS/GH/PC)

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

JAY PICKETT

IN LOVING MEMORY

FEBRUARY 10, 1961-JULY 30, 2021

(Dr. Chip Lakin, 1991-1992)

Jay Pickett, who started his daytime career by playing Dr. Chip Lakin on "Days of Our Lives" from 1991-1992 and later appeared on both GH and PC, has passed away at the age of 60. Pickett's character on "Days" worked as a doctor at University Hospital and briefly dated Julie Williams.

Pickett's death was announced by an actor who was working on a movie with him this week. Actor Jim Heffel reported that Pickett died while filming a scene on the set of a movie: “Yesterday I lost a good friend and the world lost a great person. Jay Pickett decided to ride off into the Heavens. Jay died sitting on a horse ready to rope a steer in the movie Treasure Valley in Idaho. The way of a true cowboy. Jay wrote the story and starred in it. He was also a co-producer with myself and Vernon Walker. He will be truly missed. Ride like the wind partner.”
Edited by JAS0N47

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thank you for letting us know @JAS0N47. I'm glad I got to see it from someone here rather than on a generic entertainment site. 

Jay was so good on Port Charles, so underrated even as his character was turned into a baddie and a headcase, to the point of ludicrous and inappropriate writing choices (I think at one point they had Frank sniffing panties). He was charismatic, sexy, but also a very good actor. I think he didn't get enough credit because he wasn't the "type" of actor who was supposed to be talented. 

I'm sorry to hear he's gone.