All: Best scenes with mothers and children

• Members

It is Mother's Day, so I thought this would be a good topic. One of the best for me is when Dru confronts her mother on Y&R, but I cannot find a clip of that. In primetime, Abby and Olivia's scenes when Olivia was a drugs were top notch.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If anyone has it, I'd love to see the Mother's Day brunch from Y&R May 10, 2004 where Kay gets drunk after arguing with Jill and then Father Todd (her real life son Corbin Bernson) calms her down.

Here's the clip of Dru and Lillie Bell. Definitely one of the realest mother/daughter scenes on daytime. How VR didn't win an Emmy for this, I'll never understand....

• Members

This scene between Sierra and Lucinda is pretty funny and shows the warped relationship that Lucinda often had with her daughters. When Lucinda discovers that her daughter Sierra is getting a divorce from her husband, Lucinda shows up at the attorney's office to try to stop Sierra. This scene kind of made me laugh, the way it unfolded and the twisted revelation that unfolds and Sierra's response.

EDT: This is actually a sequence rather than just one scene, because it is separated by a commercial break and mid-show bumper. Ot is worth it to watch the rest that follows the break. Just fast-forward through the ads, if you like. Bonus: Julianne Moore pops up at the end of the sequence.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

One of THE best scenes between Holly and Blake from Guiding Light. Maureen Garrett is simply flawless and its an embarrassment how GL neglected her in its final years along with this interesting dynamic. 

There’s many parts of this confirmation online but this one particularly stands out to me. 

• Members

Bert really needed her ass kicked for this one, but it's classic soap. Real, raw, low-key a trainwreck because how in the world can this woman defend her philandering husband who has shat on her so many times, but extremely human. Poor hyperemotional Ed is trying to uphold what he's always been taught is right, but he's panicking in the face of that very bastion of righteousness degrading the morals that she herself had taught him. Flawless soap.

• Members

Y&R: I think the 1975 scenes of the Brooks sisters encouraging their mother Jennifer to go through with the mastectomy. 

Dallas: When Miss Ellie has to put up Southfork to cover J.R.'s butt in an oil deal. She tells him she doesn't know if she can forgive him after she signs the papers and walks out of his office with Jock.

Knots Landing: Val break down and tells Lillie Mae she was the reason she lost her baby (Lucy) because she turned her away the night she was running from J.R's cronies. Also when Karen confronts Diana at Gary's ranch which ends with Eric bitch slapping her. Abby smirks and then see's Olivia watching her with disgust.

• Members

This was so good...like prime time good..say what you will about JFP, the combo of her and this set of writers made GL the best I believe it ever was. Who had ever heard a soap mom, who wasn't an outright villain..tell their kid they didn't love them? I always liked LK okay as a more gentle older Blake, but I would have loved to see SS play this out, and it wouldn't have been the sighs and softness of this Blake.