Soaps You Could Never Get Into (It's Not You, It's Me)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree with you. I'm not as far as Marland's stint, I wanna say I'm at the beginning of 1971, but I hate the Pollocks writing. RetroTV starting with Rita Lakin was bittersweet because I'd never heard of her tenure and it was *so* good, so modern and nuanced and nothing was going to live up to that. Like you said, the Pollocks were incredibly plot driven and those flashbacks killed me. I don't think they've ever done anything I like.

Another soap I struggle with currently is Santa Barbara. I have watched the first year and I'm still waiting for this glory period to start. I'm about ready to give up. Another one for me is General Hospital. I've watched off and on since the early 00s, but I have little interest in revisiting the past, which is rare for me when it comes to soaps.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Ditto. Was never a fan. I liked a few of the actors, but never enough to invest in the show. Just wondered why it existed (creatively, not commercially). As a place to put the actual doctors while GH descended into full-on mob violence?

Edited by Faulkner