• Members

What characters/ actors that returned years later (sometimes decades) that came across awkward or cringe worthy ?

I just saw some uploads of when Karen Lynn Gorney returned in the role of Tara on AMC in the 90's. She seemed a few beats behind her replies and had trouble remembering lines. They also had her made up to look matronly.

David Hasselhoff and Wings Hausers return to Y&R was also cringe worthy. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thom Bierdz was super rusty when he was resurrected as Phillip on Y&R. He got better but was dumped never to return.

When George Reinholt appeared on AW for the 25th in a couple of dream/fantasy sequences he seemed a bit awkward. Am sure some viewers who didn't experience Steve Frame the first go round were wondering what the  fuss had been about.

• Members

While there was nothing wrong with her performances, a number of Kate Collins' returns as Ghost Natalie in the late '90s left viewers confused. She never interacted with Trevor, who was supposed to be the love of her life - she interacted with everyone in the family BUT him, including Harold the dog. There are alleged reasons for that, but I can't imagine how disappointed some must have been at the time.

• Members

During the Joe Martin anniversary ep on AMC several characters were gathered at the hospital when the elevator door opened and Phoebe (Ruth Warrick) was wheeled out. Erica went up to Phoebe to welcome here and Ruth smiled, obviously unable to speak or not well enough to deliver dialogue.

Wonderful to see her again but probably a shock to long term viewers who remembered feisty Phoebe in her heyday.

Not so much awkward as sad/poignant.

• Members

I felt the same way about James Mitchell's last appearance on the show.  You could tell he was nearing the end.

Meanwhile, I still want to know how and why DAYS botched Arleen Sorkin's (Calliope) 2010 return.  It was as if the show had drained all the humor and life from my beloved, wacky girl.