King's Crossing (1982)

• Members

I did not know Zippi was on Instagram, so thank you for the information.

I watched The Secrets of Midland Heights too, but preferred King's Crossing.

I had these recorded on tape back in the day, but at the time the cost of blank videotapes was so high, I recycled many tapes and recorded over the eps of both these shows. Grunt.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I don't think that the producers of the show really knew what type of show this should be.   They had tried on CBS to make a success of the serial opera The Secret of Midland Heights with both a good older cast and a good younger cast.  (Three of the older performers were great on daytime soap operas and serials: Bibi Beesch, Mark Pinter, and Robert Hogan.  The production company (Lorimar) wanted, I think, to display some of this younger talent.   So, a new show of sorts was created.   And, in the new show, they added more daytime talent - Beatrice Straight, (Love of Life), Mary Frann (Return to Peyton Place), , Michael Zaslow (Search for Tomorrow, Love Is a Many Splendored Thing, The Guiding Light, The Secret Strom), and Stephanie Braxton (The Secret Storm and All My Children).

The Secret of Midland Heights was not the only failed attempt at a serial on CBS.    The run of the late night serial Behind the Screen was also not successful.

And, calling attention to Eight Is Enough (also on ABC) and that it was also a show with a younger cast, it would have seemed logical to have done what was done.