Annual Events on Soap Operas

• Members

What events/traditions happened yearly or occurred over the course of several years on the soaps? I know GL had the Bauer BBQ for 4th of July and I had another one come to mind but just went blank as I was typing this 

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It didn't happen nearly enough (I believe 4 or 5 times) but I always loved AMC's Crystal Ball. I think it used to occur in the winter and mostly it just gave everyone an excuse to dressed to the nines. 

• Members

1966. Clips of the first ornament hanging appeared in the 2001 Christmas Ep(the one that had the 9/11 memorial). I recall for a good while there in the 90’s and ‘00’s the Hortons held a 4th of July picnic as well. 

The Snyders on ATWT always did something for Thanksgiving for years although it tapered off eventually.

• Members

Some summer events off the top of my head

Another World - KBAY telethon (only happened 2-3 times but a great showcase for the singing and dancing talents of the actors and the reappearance of Cass in drag as Crystal Lake )

Young and the Restless - The Abbotts or the Newmans usually had a July 4th pool party (mostly an excuse to get Brad Carlton in a speedo)

General Hospital - Founders Day, (everyone went to the park, dressed in Victorian costumes, would be slightly offensive in the modern era), served as a cover when Luke broke into mob boss Frank Smith's office and later when Cecilia needed to run into Jimmy Lee.

Days of Our Lives - the annual reveal that the local hunk or teen vixen was one of Stefano's long lost children (jk)

Edited by j swift