R.I.P. Little Richard — Rock ‘n’ Roll Legend and Soap Opera Guest Star Was 87 Years Old

• Webmaster
Little Richard, The Young and the Restless, One Life to Live, Musician, Icon

Best known for his barrier-breaking hits, “Tutti Frutti,” “Good Golly Miss Molly,” and “Long Tall Sally,” Rock ‘n’ Roll legend Little Richard (born Richard Penniman) died Saturday, May 9, after a battle with bone cancer. He was 87 years old.

“He was not only an iconic and legendary musician, but he was also a kind, empathetic, and insightful human being,” said Bill Sobel, Little Richard’s three-decades-long attorney in a statement released to the Associated Press.

Soap fans will remember Richard as he performed at the 1995 wedding of Bo (Robert S. Woods) and Nora Buchanan (Hillary B. Smith) on “One Life to Live,” and the 2008 wedding of Jeffrey Bardwell (Ted Shackelford) and Gloria Fisher (Judith Chapman) on “The Young and the Restless.”

READ: ‘One Life to Live’ Virtual Cast with Robert S. Woods and Hillary B. Smith

“RIP to Little Richard who blessed ‘Y&R’ with his talents in 2008,” read a tweet on the CBS soap’s Twitter handle following news of the musician’s death.

Watch as Bo and Nora strut down the aisle to music played Richard.

The post R.I.P. Little Richard — Rock ‘n’ Roll Legend and Soap Opera Guest Star Was 78 Years Old appeared first on Soap Opera Network.

Read More

• Errol changed the title to R.I.P. Little Richard — Rock ‘n’ Roll Legend and Soap Opera Guest Star Was 87 Years Old
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic