Look into the past - 1975

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Hey do you ever remember seeing a scene between Lorie and jill ever physically fighting in the hospital room when Lorie caught jill checking in on Stuart? I remember hearing the episode through audio on YouTube and it sounded like they had to be separated lol i would love to see that scene and wouldn't that technically be the first y&r girl fight I always thought the first y&r girl fight was Katherine and jill.

• Members

Laurie arrives at the Brooks home as Jill  is performing a tracheotomy on  Mr. Brooks. She screams  “What are you doing?” and tries to pull Jill away from Stuart. Snapper is on the telephone giving instructions.

There was a later hospital scene where Stuart is asked questions to check brain damage. One was his year of birth which he said 1927.

There was also a scene following  this where Ma Foster thanks Jill for saving his life. Jill is on her hands and knees trying to clean the blood off the carpet.

• Members

No, I don't remember that. This was pre VCR and I was a kid going to school so if it didn't happen in the summertime I probably didn't see it. I'm actually amazed at the things I do remember. Even things that didn't happen in the summertime. I'm thinking either I never went to school or they used a lot of flashbacks back then. 

Wow. That's just...strange. On so many levels. 

• Members

I have been trying to figure that out for the longest time, cause peggy was friends with the Joann character so i would assume they must have all interacted lol, Chris Brooks was more seperated then Lorie,leslie and Peggy if im correct 

Oh ok yes that's the same stuff i heard, I just thought maybe they kinda scuffled abit by the way it sounded. Do you remember who separated them?

• Members

Re GL

Interesting to see what the Dobsons do upon arrival.

It seems that Ken and Janet were already on the way out under Cenedella.

That left room for the Dobsons to bring in (so far)  Andy Norris, Hope Bauer, Chad Richards and Ann Jeffers.

2 newbies and 2 characters tied to established families.

At this point Seems that Chad will provide story for Leslie and Hope. Andy will be a troublemaker, too soon to see what their plans for Ann were.

• Members

It's interesting seeing the Dobson's start off on GL, knowing they would eventually kill off maybe one (or two) of GL's popular characters that they're currently writing for. It always make me wonder what GL's canvas would've been like without those departures.

Did Cenedella have any really successful writing stints? On these summaries he's getting passed around from soap to soap, but I found his time on The Doctors to be boring and uninspired. He attempted to tackle social issues but it made it a boring PSA in my opinion. Wasn't he the writer who wrote AW before Lemay took over in the 70s?

• Members

Through this, we also get to observe The Dobson’s work pre-Allen Potter coming on as EP of GL and Gordon Russel’s work at OLTL pre-Joseph Stuart as EP.

It will be interesting to observer the differences in story content once these highly influential EP’s come aboard.  

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Mary's death and its aftermath on AMC had to be heartbreaking for viewers at the time. She had been written as so pure and faultless from her first appearance, even moreso than Tara, and to have her brutally gunned down in her own home as a child watches - yikes. I never knew they kept her on as a "vision" in the months following.