Rumors of Storylines/Casting/BTS

• Members

For years, all of us as fans of this soap genre have either heard or read rumors involving the soaps regarding casting, stories,  and even Behind the Scenes antics. So I want to know what are some of the rumors you remember over the years. 

In 2012/2013 I remember reading Carly Schroeder aka Serena Baldwin was slated to return to General Hospital when Lynn Herring and Kin Shriner had first came back. However, it didn't come to fruition for some reason. In addition, I heard Ron had written in Serena and had cast someone as Christina Baldwin (Lucy and Scotty's daughter from Port Charles) several times too. I also remember Christina was going to come onto the show with her boyfriend and was going to lie saying Scotty was harassing her. Don't know if it was true or false. To be fair I read this on a GH blog and social media so it was probably the latter. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Back in the mid 90's on Y&R when Bug was planning her wedding to Paul, they randomly started talking about Patty and they showed pics of Lilibet Stern while Mary and Bug looked at a photo album. Alex Donnelly was brought back as Diane Jenkins at that time. The history of Jack/Patty/Diane was brought up and Paul was ranting how Jack had hurt Patty. On the day of Bug & Paul's wedding, the phone started ringing after everyone had left for the church. They showed the back of a blonde woman in a phone booth calling. Then it was all dropped and Diane was put into Victor's orbit. 

I wonder if Lilbet Stern was asked to return and she declined ? 

• Members

Supposedly it was Christina Scott was going to hit, and Kin flatly refused. But there was so much fanfic horseshit floating around about casting the Collins/Baldwin kids and giving Lucy, etc. story back then from certain parties, I have no idea how much was real.

• Members

I remember when this happened. It definitely seemed like Patty was back on her way to town.

When Patty finally did return with SH portraying the role, I thought initially she was one of the most interesting characters added to the canvas in a long time. But, the writers took her too far and wrote the character in a corner. She could've just stayed slightly off kilter and had long-term possibility.

• Members

Figured a lot was made up about the Baldwin/Collins daughters. Supposedly, Christina was the person whom Kevin kept rushing to go back and forth from Port Charles to Seattle. 

When Valentin Cassadine was set to premiere in 2009. I think I saw online he was going to have a daughter named Mischa who was going to be into Michael. 

• Members

The roles were "cast", allegedly....

Characters allegedly cast but never made it to screen.....

Christina Baldwin...Kristen Deane  (2013 or 2014)

Kailey Cassadine...   Quinn Honchar  (2013 or 2014)

Valentin Cassadine...Matt Borlenghi  (2009)

Anna Donely   Marina Jankowska  (2014)

Trevor (Christina's Boyfriend)  Tyler Peterson (2013 or 2014)

• Members

If that's true, then I'm glad KS was successful in his efforts to quash it.  Scotty has enough proverbial dirt on his hands from his actions in the ridiculous "Secret in the Attic" storyline with Rick Webber.  Hitting a woman would have been the final nail in his coffin.

Same.  DAYS has worked that trope into the ground, never realizing that the Salem Stranger was a lightning-in-a-bottle situation.

Years ago, I read that AMC had planned to introduce a long-lost child for Erica BEFORE Kendall Hart; and that, for whatever reason, they nixed it.

Also, when GL's Quinton McCord (Chamberlain) was first introduced, there were several conversations between himself and Mrs. Violet Renfield, who was in charge of his household, about meeting with "The Great Man" on some nefarious activity.  Allegedly, "The Great Man" was supposed to be Alan Spaulding.  However, plans changed after Michael Tylo, who played Quint, proved to have chemistry with Lisa Brown, who played Nola Reardon, the town troublemaker (she had lied about being pregnant with Kelly Nelson's baby in order to keep him from marrying Morgan Richards), who had gotten a job on his estate.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I think there may have been several attempts/plans to introduce Lucy and Scott/Kevin's kids. I think some of the story claims may have had a ring of truth. I think both Anna Donely (played by Courtney Halverson for a day or two in 2013) and possibly a daughter for Stefan and Katherine were on the books to become regulars - Ron had Nikolas, Obrecht and Helena referencing them regularly in 2013, and we know Stephen Nichols turned down a return that year, likely to play the recurring spoiler to Luke and Laura without a contract, as that has long been FV's approach to vet story.

But I think there was also a ton of bullshit thrown around in that period by one overinvested Kevin/Lucy fan spinning out fiction from rumors. And I never bought they'd introduce a Cassadine named "Kailey".

Edited by Vee