Who Was Worse for GH?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Guza and Phelps put together a much more sleek and interesting show. Acting, production, dialogue etc were all consistently better. It was like three days into Frank and Ron's run and you had lighting fixtures accidentally being left in frame, the instant decline was sad to see.

• Members

I think they were both awful but things happened under Guza.  They had events and the show wasn't as dreadfully boring as it is now.  Sonny/Carly weren't written great, but I never found them as dull as I do at this point.  By the end Guza was a hack, but he did write some good stuff (Clink/Boom, Brenda's 2002 return, early Carly, the Cassadines reappearance etc).  I don't think the show fell off the rails until about 2005/2006. The only thing I liked about Ron was his 50th anniversary stuff.  And that was probably just from the nostalgia of the returns and the Nurses Ball coming back.  So if I am choosing the lesser of 2 evils it would be Guza with an EP like Wendy Riche that reigns him in.

• Members

The correct answer to this after some reflection was Frons.  He pretty much dismantled his network’s entire daytime drama strategy.

Through his meddling we suffered through some truly heinous storylines and characters forced down our throats on all his shows, until he finally decided to cancel AMC and OLTL.  And he gave us Phelps, Pratt (twice between GH and AMC), and Guza with too much power.

The only thing I can say I thank him for was restoring the best All My Children theme music.

• Members

100% agree. That's what I mean when I say that I sometimes miss Guza. So many characters now are just existing, not doing anything, not moving their stories along. It takes a much better writer then Guza, or whoever's writing the show now to still make a show watchable when next to nothing is happening.

I think Frons just hated soaps in general. It was like he had a grudge against soaps and the soap community because his pet project, Generations, was a flop.

Definitely. After a while, he just went a little OTT with all the mob stuff.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Guza and Phelps destroyed the show, but that show was far more interesting than Valentini's. Valentini could not pull off metro court, the panic room, pch fire etc..  The only positive to the latter is the attempt to showcase veteran actors like Bobbie, Scott, Felicia and so on and the 50th anniversary hype  All in all Riche & Monty 1.0 were the prime eras of the show 

Edited by ironlion