dragonflies

GH: What's happening this summer

8 minutes ago, SamandWillowFan said:

There are rumors circulating that Skye is coming back with a teenage Lila Rae.

Hmm. If they both can liven things up a bit I'd be good with this.

Who does Skye even have to come back to? The Q’s are mostly dead or irrelevant and Luke is long gone.

I guess there’s Jax, but who knows if they’ll ever revisit that.

I think Skye Christopher is one of the hammiest, most unnatural actors I've ever seen on daytime and I'd prefer seeing her daily over anything else on this garbage fire of a show.

I have to agree that Robin Christopher bugs.  There is something so cold about her portrayal of Skye.  That being said, she was pretty good with Jax and really good as drunk Skye in 2003.  I would take her back in a heartbeat. 

26 minutes ago, carolineg said:

I have to agree that Robin Christopher bugs.  There is something so cold about her portrayal of Skye.  That being said, she was pretty good with Jax and really good as drunk Skye in 2003.  I would take her back in a heartbeat. 

This.

She had a lot more layers in her very original run on AMC. She did come off a bit more cold and harsh on GH, but then again, so did most of the folks during Mob Hospital ... I actually kind of enjoyed her stint on OLTL. I liked some of her GH run but always sort of resented she was on GH instead of AMC.

Edited by KMan101

RC was better on AMC, but that's because she had the benefit of better writers and directors (not to mention, better EPs).

8 minutes ago, Khan said:

RC was better on AMC, but that's because she had the benefit of better writers and directors (not to mention, better EPs).

Very true!

GH never knew what to do with her.  She had a ton of love interests, had weird parentage re writes, and never felt like she fit on the canvas.  I would take her over, say, Nina any day.  I am already irritated by the Jax/Nina chemistry tests.  Bring back Skye!

1 hour ago, carolineg said:

GH never knew what to do with her.  She had a ton of love interests, had weird parentage re writes, and never felt like she fit on the canvas.  I would take her over, say, Nina any day.  I am already irritated by the Jax/Nina chemistry tests.  Bring back Skye!

All of this! lol. Perfect assessment of her time on GH. It never really worked, but she had nice chemistry with certain people. And I would hands down take her over Nina any day of the week. I almost sort of resent that I may like Nina because of Watros assuming the role, lol. I keep hoping Watros gets a primetime gig and bolts so they finally dump the character. She'll probably go nuts, naturally, and be carted off to live her days with Heather. If only ...

Edited by KMan101

54 minutes ago, dragonflies said:

OMG they look so pretty ❤️

Much better suited. But of course Jax was brought back to prop Nina. At least it's soon going to be Cynthia Watros ... lol

I enjoyed Robin as Skye on GH.  I also loved her recast on AMC (Carrie Genzel) just as much as I enjoyed her on that show.