Y&R Summer Previews

• Members

Per SID

Nikki and Victor will unite like never before to deal with a major challenge

Devon tries to deal with the loss of his Dad and Wife, Elena is a source of comfort, will Hiliarys spirit trap Devon in the past or propel him forward

Lilys presence will be seen in a new way, as people question their relationship, is there fire where there's smoke for Cane and Traci

Lauren and Michael will be tested by her growing attachment to Jack, and his dormant dark side emerging as he dea lol s with a precarious situation

Adams return will complicate Rey and Sharon in a major way.  Rey gets the upper hand when he is hired to dig into Adams Vegas past and hits pay dirt

Ashley and Jack reunite to take on an outside force that threatens their Dad's legacy re Jabot

Kyle and Lola continue their love story, despite rough patches as the cohabitate, and from Summer, who finds new romance with Theo, but is it desire or to make Kyle jealous

On a business note, Phyllis will rattle cages and in a position of power as she finds herself forming a new business alliance

Edited by rlj

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So, Devon still doesn't get a story, eh? He and Elena won't get a chance to actually take off as a couple? 

It seems to me that Devon and Lily should be fighting an outside force who threatens their fathers legacy, HWG. Someone decides since Neil passed, the company is ripe for pickings. But no, give that story to Jack and Ashley for the 20th time. It won't be stale *sarcasm*. 

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

The only possible way the Jabot storyline isn't repetitive and stale were if Jill, on behalf of Chancellor Industries were the "outside force" that "threatens" John Abbott's legacy, perhaps by trying to strip intellectual property from the company (and its patents) that she may have had a hand in creating, like the Men's Line.

Otherwise, I agree, a vulture capitalist who wants a large stake in HWG would practically write itself.  From what I've read though, TPTB don't seem to have much desire to invest in Devon beyond the minimum and nothing that I've read tells me that Lily is even staying on the canvas.  Lily sounds like as much of a ghost as Hilary at this point.

• Members

This is the best possible way to reintroduce Stafford as Phyllis - keep the focus on her as a character and in business, not sh!tty romances with Nick or Jack. 

What is Eileen Davidson's status with this show? I thought she only wanted to pop in for big/important events, but now it seems like she's happy having a strong recurring presence on the show. I wonder if she just didn't like working for Mal Young...

Most of this sounds like typical boring and flat as hell Josh Griffith writing....

• Members

Lauren and Michael will be tested by her growing attachment to Jack, and his dormant dark side emerging as he dea lol s with a precarious situation

This sounds interesting in that sea of repetitiveness. But only if Michael actually does something worthy of claiming his "dormant dark side" has emerged.

• Members

Here are some spoilers from SOD, that someone had gotten early and had posted at another site:

Jack and Lauren will take a road trip. Elena and Devon will hit a road block, Kevin makes a dangerous deal, and Victor shares a shocking secret. Also, Summer will bring Theo to Victoria's commitment ceremony.

I am looking forward to seeing Theo #2. Hopefully, he will bring good presence to the young set, which has not been faring well under JG. (With Lola being written poorly and being unlikeable, Tessa not being that likeable, and her and Mariah not getting good storylines and Ana also not getting good writing.) Maybe Theo #2 will be a bright spot for that group.

And I wonder what will be the roadblock that Elena and Devon face. I think it's probably due to him still grieving Hilary and the baby. Elena seems nice but she is so underdeveloped. Josh really needs to try and develop her more and show her with other people.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Next week per SOD, Phyllis and Adam crash into each other, literally, when z tipsy Phyllis gets into a fender bender with Adam.  He takes her back to his place, her drunken self starts spilling tea, and they bond over being GC pariahs (hence the Adam audition script, tho MG said he only screentested with SC)  Adam realizes Phyllis could help him get back what he thinks he deserves!

• Members

Actually Griffith wanted Phyllis and Adam in 08 when Adam first appeared all grown up and started obsessing over her , so "cough" no "cough" lol besides Griffith says this is not romantic, it's business!