Is It Just Me?: Quirky Things Only Another Soap Fan Can Relate To

• Members

I'm not sure this is a quirk or just a thing that pisses me off, but I've just gotten used to the fact that there will never be any fun soap-related merchandise or knick-knacks in stores. The "nerd" aisle now includes shrines to The Golden Girls and Bob Ross, but god forbid I get an Erica Kane mug or Y&R logo magnet.

And yes, I realize it's fairly easy to get something made online, but it's the principle of the thing.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree.  I think the death of soaps happened before the rise of fandoms being catered too, and that sucks for those of us that loved this genre.

There should be dolls of possessed Marlena and Deception and Jabot cosmetics and Erica Kane mugs with all her last names on it.

• Members

Meh, I find the constant fanservice that is so en vogue now to be completely exhausting. Orange Is The New Black was an intriguing show in its first season that was completely overwhelmed in subsequent seasons by constant and grotesque fanservice. 

Edited by juppiter

• 4 months later...
  • Members

All I can say is Amen, Brother! Next think  you know it was time for Ollie North!

That makes me think of Donna Love!

Right, Goutman said no.

At, or near, the end of ATWT, I liked all of the veteran ladies on that bus. Remember that day? I didn't like the last day at all. It just felt morbid.