Best Baby Switch Storyline

• Members

+1 

No offense to James Reynolds, but having Lexie saddled to stodgy ol' Abe when she was more than capable of creating steamy chemistry with younger guys (Tek, Brandon, Jonah way back in the day) really handicapped her from romantic storylines. I guess DAYS was too afraid to break up their one token black couple. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved when Lexie became a bad girl. Desperately trying too prevent Zach's true parentage from being discovered. She became a worthy adversary and rival for Sami. During this time period Lexie was the most interesting she would ever be. Renee Jones really got to showcase her acting talent. Sadly this didn't last long. Poor Lexie became nice and bland. Stuck with Abe. But it was great while it lasted. 

• Members

best baby switch plot ive seen pulled off is Y&R's Sheila & Lauren 1990-1992. The conclusion was epic, the farmhouse fire, Sheila's presumed death, and her resurfacing on the Bold & the Beautiful. So many years of storyline stemmed from this!

Edited by ironlion

• 4 months later...
  • Members

When even Stephen King -- STEPHEN! [!@#$%^&*]! KING! -- was touting the storyline in (I think) EW, I knew I had truly stepped into the Twilight Zone.

The Jenny/Katrina story is my personal favorite storyline of ANY kind, because it illustrates beautifully how one simple act (Karen and Marco's decision to switch the babies) can impact an entire canvas.  By the time Jenny returned Mary/Kristine to Katrina, just about everyone in Llanview seemed to have some investment in the storyline.  That, to me, is soap opera at its' finest.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Just when you think the Wiley/Jonah one is done on GH, it keeps going (really seen once a week at best).  I thought things were coming to a head when Shiloh figured out Willow had his baby and he was going to sit there all smirky in court and the paternity test results would be read and it would say he wasn't the father, Willow would realize something was off, etc, etc.

• Members

But of course they couldn’t do it correctly. They had to tie Shiloh to Helena and Dr. Cabot and make it all about Franco. I can’t believe they messed it up that much.

I put this all on Frank and his pet writers. That was one of the reasons why I made the “Who was worse for GH” thread. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

The fact this story crossed over onto another show and drove story there was amazing.

I loved the fact that it didn't just get wrapped up nicely after Sheila left Y&R, I always assumed once the truth was out Lauren would have everything she wanted back, her son and Scott, but she no longer loved Scott and he wasn't sure their son would accept her as his mother, so Scott basically forced Lauren into a re-marriage which led to her subsequent affair with Brad, then Sheila using that to her gain, so she could blackmail Lauren into keeping quiet. The ramifications from this story didn't really wrap until Sheila's almost suicide in 1995 on B&B.

That's 5 years of story across two shows, absolutely brilliant.

Edited by will81