Returns for KSJ farewell...guess?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

CK is older and wiser now. She's had her own career and growth on the show stunted by the color of her skin. I'm sure she's had the realization that there was something to VRs complaints after all. Much like I'm sure it was easier for MS to let bygones be bygones after she was humbled by the show.  Their reconciliation only happened after she left. 

• Members

I've always thought about what that relationship would be like - I know from a lazy writing perspective, it would have been easier to have Dru/Hillary at odds and not liking each other. 

However, I would have had Dru be more empathetic towards Hillary as she understood what it meant to come from nothing and trying to make something of yourself. Maybe the one ally for her in that family outside of Devon - it would have given some new dimension to her relationship with Lily as well, who obviously always saw Hilalry as lesser than her. 

• Members

Exactly. I see a lot of folks on Twitter doing the whole "tea" thing with them, but it's also been 13 years since Rowell was on the show. Christel isn't a teenager or in her early 20s anymore. People change and grow with time. And the death of a close friend to them has a way of drawing people closer (not to mention I think fans have a way of making things worse than they actually are because if they get along that's not interesting for the tea spilling nature of our society)

• Members

Very accurate. I think they had animosity. Definitely. But, as I said, CK has had her own issues with the show too now. VR has lost her best screen partner who helped her build a legacy in  daytime. There just isn't room for animosity now. 

• Members

Looking at this picture...the show has THREE (3) Barbers/Winters men, 1 Barbers/Winters female, and 1 Barbers/Winters adjacent Hamilton female they can rebuild that family with without needing CK/Lily. They also have another Winters male child and Malcolm could have a long lost child to come in. There really is no reason to get rid of this family. None. They have the foundation. 

• Members

Cane needs to go. Period. If he stays, the show will inevitably continue to center him in that family. I haven't seen the speeches yet but it galled me that his speech was next to last. But it was petty so I kept it to myself....until now. 

• Members

Agreed on ditching Cane. I've never understood his appeal at all. I don't know what plans lay ahead for Lily/Cane and CK's future appearances on Y&R, but now would be a good time to write off Cane (well, actually ANY time has been a good time, but CK leaving helps). As for the kids? Meh, join Keemo in neverland. 

Archived