You Again? - Actors who've been rehired after reports of bad behavior.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lawd. I don't miss the Child of the Corn version of Michael. *shudders*

I miss that old set. I miss Alan. I DO NOT miss Kung Fu Courtney. I miss Ted King. I miss Tamara Braun playing an interesting character ...

Anywho, not the point of the thread ... would be fun to have threads where we watch old episodes and discuss them ...

• Members

I miss that lighting!  And Skye.

And this is a period of time I could not watch the show daily anymore.  Totally misogynistic writing.  No balance.  Sonny or Sonny adjacent on 3 to 4 days a week.  So many women obsessed with Sonny.

Courtney shoved down our throats.  Carly with Sonny’s enemy (and I like Ted King, loved him with Skye, but did not get this relationship).

Also- I just hate this version of Alan.  He was never perfect.  He could even be dangerous and deadly.  But this is just awful to watch.  It’s hard to see him reduced to this character that is also obsessed with Sonny. 

I will forever think Billy Warlock was miscast as AJ, but what does it matter?  He was never going to be given rooting value or a point of view that makes sense.

• Members

SUCH a missed opportunity. Kanan was let go because he wasn't a slim beefcake Frank could salivate over

Please register in order to view this content

but seriously, I hate AJ was resurrected only to be "permanently" killed. And I loved when Michael took AJ's side and dumped Sonny. Of course Mo bitched. I imagine lots of different factors played into the decision.

They had to pay for Roger Howarth somehow  

I prefer my Skye in Pine Valley  But I did enjoy her on GH and even OLTL. She works anywhere. But I hated her 'home' became GH ... looking back I would have made Eve Alan's daughter.

• Members

I believe Sean Kanan left the second time because he criticized Ron Carlivati on Twitter.  He said something like he did not return for relish and panic attacks. There was a bit of back and forth and then AJ was dead.  

• Members

He also criticized Ron’s stop and start storytelling.  His story, amongst others, were building and then dropped for weeks at a time.  Which Ron still has a problem with.

This was also a clear place where Frank should have done what was right for the show.  Not what Ron wanted or what his own ego wanted.

• Members

I am always suspicious of stories about writers firing actors.  As well as accusations of writers being vindictive toward certain actors.  It is such a larger production, and there is such little interaction between writers and actors, that I wonder if behaviors like criticizing a production on twitter are indicative of larger issues.  Of course, there are legends that Irna Phillips killed off actors for far fewer transgressions, but I think those days were before WGA contracts, an actor's perceived liability could be calculated, and other contemporary production concerns are considered in the hiring/firing of actors.

I believe that what is often inferred as gossip from social media is often only the tip of the iceberg. 

• Members

I agree that most of the time the fan view of vindictive firings is usually not accurate.  But this was one instance where I think it probably was.

Frank likes people that are team players.  AJ was brought back from the dead, had a romantic relationship and was driving story with ELQ, Michael and  Sonny for months.  I am not saying that Kanan wasn’t a prima donna bts.  But the timing was suspicious.

And more than anything, ABC and Frank should have dealt with Ron’s online behavior. Any criticism had him lashing out at talent and audience. 

• Members

My favorite nicknames for her were Kung Fu Chick and Skipper. 

Please register in order to view this content

I often wondered why Sonny didn't add her to his security detail, because she was much more competent in that department compared to his useless henchmen like Max. Ironically, the only time Courtney was ever tolerable...was when she was with AJ.

Archived