The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

But the issue is, once again, the media has learned jack s*h*i*t from 2016. Keep pushing this POS, and he can once again have a chance next year.

And that will be the end of our democracy. Not hyperbole. FACT.

But as long as CNN and its ilk get $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, they no longer give a rat's f*u*c*k.

• Members

I doubt it. think the only silver lining of this shitshow is that it doesn't move the needle with anyone other than the faithful, and it drives the squishy middle further into our corner. It functions as a free attack ad for Democrats. That said, it's disgusting and should still never have aired.

What's really funny are the longtime CNN apologists/ex-employees like the professionally clueless Brian Stelter claiming Jeff Zucker would never have let this happen.

Edited by Vee

• Members
  • Members

I'm aware these pieces exist, yes. We all are. There are many like them in the last near-decade. These pieces are always sourced to FOX execs, producers or on-air talent who approach sympathetic access journalists and try to whitewash the network's reputation in the wake of Carlson's firing - it's always '[Tucker/whoever] was the problem, FOX is great and is changing its tone, we swear.'

FOX has been ready to 'turn on Trump' no less than 5-10 times in the last 5-6 years. You can either understand the game we all already know, or you can act shocked when it continues. You and Brian Stelter will be the last two holdouts.

• Members

If there's a lesson to be learned from Trump's performance tonight it is that we would all be better served by refraining ourselves from name calling and try to express our opinions in first person personal in order to preserve a civil discourse.

• Members

It's a shell game. It's bullshit. CNN loves to play this game, and they are amply rewarded for it. I wish they'd just admit it already and stop trying for respectability. 

This is who they used to help Trump win. And who the Beltway are now trying to make into a martyr, as her reward for 4 more years of carnage. 

• Members

Maybe CNN thought Kaitlan Collins was more capable of talking over a blowhard after her experience with Don Lemon?  Spoiler alert; she wasn't and she may have permanently destroyed the reputation of CNN.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

There was always going to be a point when the general public (who WEREN'T diehards but who were nevertheless curious) would get tired and begin experiencing what I would call "Trump fatigue."  It's like watching MELROSE PLACE: you can take only so many Shocking Twists before the twists stop being shocking.