Days: January 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

And romantic. I'd take either one and of course IRL Fish is gay....

It was funny and I thought we were leading to Leo locking lips with John

I didn't care though for Leo  calling Brady homophobic considering how supportive he was of Paul.

As fun as Leo is...Ron is stereotyping the gay male. Horny all time.....drinking 24/7 and coming on to ever hot straight guy they see.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's another alternative Leo theme.   

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

On soaps, if a man did that to a woman it would be passed off as true love, hot, or sexy. 

With that said, everything Ron Carlivati does in these types of scenes is homophobic material, from asking viewers to laugh at gay men trying to sexually assault straight men (he did the same thing on GH) to making light of homophobia by having Leo claim that if straight men don't want to [!@#$%^&*] him they are homophobic. He made light of homophobia at OLTL by having a character fake his own hate crime so I'm not surprised. 

Sadly a lot of people lap this stuff up because it fits their image of gay men.

Carlivati is a self-hating hack and his writing is trash. I'm sorry that the egomaniacs like Jamey Giddens and Nellie Oleson gassed him up to a level he has never and will never deserve.

• Members

Sadly, it's realistic.. but how ReRon is writing it is making it a joke when it is an actual issue I've witnessed at least when I used to play on the gay sport leagues where the lone straight male player would be lusted after.. with some guys even hitting on him and trying to force themselves on them.  Luckily, they were smart enough to exit after the games and not hang out with the team post-game in Boystown.  He did go to a gathering I had because I was the only one not into him, etc.

So it's realistic.. but since ReRon isn't known for depth.. he shouldn't even be attempting to write it.

Archived