Michael Fairman: Best & Worst of 2018

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've got zero problem with him heaping praise on Maura and Jon (who are some of the few earning their paycheck on that mess of a show) but wtf Benard's done that hasn't amounted to sleepwalking through scenes is beyond me.

And I can only assume that Oscar is the only juvenile male left on the planet if he's this year's "best" of anything.

• Members

I quickly scrolled through it and even I had to stop half way through. I didn't read any of the paragraphs he wrote. And there are way too many random categories. I'm cool with Maura getting overall best actress, and while I didn't mind Marci Miller as Abby, even I had to laugh at her being tied with Maura. Let's not get carried away.

Bernard and Howarth getting honorable mentions for best actor - for what?

Max Gail and Jon Lindstrom for supporting actor - I'm okay with that.

Actually laughed out laugh at the kid playing Oscar getting best younger actor. HUH? This is where I stopped.

• Members

Ron Carlivati as soap maker of the year?  I stopped right after that.  He has carried on reinforcing every negative stereotype non soap watchers have of soaps.. inheriting that crown from the late James Reilly, who at the one time actually had some writing talent.

• Members

Fairman is working for Days and developed the app. Of course, he was going to fawn all over the show. He did call out one of Days lowest moments, the Mexico plot.  He was spot on with some and not so with other call outs.  The YR Ash story was a major bust, starting with Sally giving Dina alzheimer's. Then Mal doing the Jack isn't an Abbot thing. Dumb.  GH had the worst year though, creatively. It was all over the map which tells me that head writing by large committee (Valentini, Varni, Altman, Van Etten and Drummer) doesn't make for good soap. At lease with Ron, you get a single vision with history woven in.  

Archived