Days: December 2018 Discussion Thread โŒ›๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ

• Members

The Sarah thing is the kind of [!@#$%^&*] Ron always does with new characters now - he grafts them into a story and often makes them a fierce advocate of some point or another, even when it's way too soon and irrational for them to be involved, by virtue of wanting them to push them and someone else together. Sarah getting involved with the family life of a man she doesn't know, lecturing Maggie, etc. is the kind of awkward interpersonal push he's done a lot with characters over the years.

ย 

I like LG and the idea of using the character but it's just so clumsy and mangled.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did DAYS miss a big opportunity to celebrate Susan Seaforth Hayes' 50th anniversary on the show? ย After Julie's fall down the staircase, as she laid unconscious in the hospital, the show could have had ย each of her loved ones by her bedsideย remembering their past times with Julie in flashbacks. ย  This should have been the way they celebrated her 50th Anniversary.

• Members

The thing about Sarah Horton is that there is loads of story potential with the character if Ron and other writers would bother to actually study the history.ย  Her conception story was interesting/ahead of its time with Maggie getting artificially inseminated with what she believed was a character by the name of Evan's sperm and the complication of that which caused Mickey/Maggie to break up.ย  Than finding out that Neil Curtis was the father of Sarah.. and Sarah uncovering Neil/Maggie having an affair causing Sarah a lot of angst and eventually leaving with Melissa to start over.ย  So there was all that back story, plus the fact that Maggie has always fawned over Melissa and later her recently discovered son Daniel with Sarah coming in third yet again.ย  I'd rather the show explored the complicated relationship between Maggie/Sarah over all of these issues than some plot driven story of fighting over the custody of Holly.

• Members

I liked today's episode. Especially the scenes featuring Abigail. I liked how she dealt with Stefan, her expressing her reaction to seeing Ben again. (She really did seem fearful/disgusted that he was working and living with Stefan). I also liked her scenes with Jen and her family at the Horton Christmas party. I can understand why she was hurt that her mother and the rest of her family didn't believe she was sane. I also liked how Hope comforted Jen after Abby was heated with her. I enjoy seeing Jen and Hope together supporting and comforting each other.

ย 

And I thought that the Horton family hanging the ornaments during the show was nice. It was a sweet moment when Hope gave Lani the ornament for her and Eli's baby, David.

ย 

And I found it interesting that Gabi told Chad she was moving out of the mansion, because Ari was confused about Leo/Sonny's marriage. Even though Chad accepted her invite to move into her mother's house, I definitely don't think that he will living with her for long. If he even gets a chance to move in with her before the truth comes out about how she hurt Abigail and him.

• Members

ย 

Those were good scenes. Abigail really was hurt when she found out that Jen still didn't believe her after she got divorced from Stefan. I can understand why Abigail felt like no one (outside of Julie) was really on her side. I do like that even though she's mad at her mom and family, she still went home to be with them. I'm guessing she and the baby will probably stay at the Horton family home for the time being.

ย 

I am looking forward to seeing what happens once Abigail finds out that Gabi kept Charlotte's parternity a secret. I believe that Julie will get her memory back and reveal the truth. (Gabi burned the paternity test results today, so that Chad wouldn't see them, but I do believe Julie will remember what happened.)

• Members

Yes, there is and Y&R and B&B are having new episodes today too. GH is pre-empted today.

Her alter acting as Gabi is bad....real bad......but her scenes with her family yesterday were good.ย 

Spoiler pics for today's eppy

Please register in order to view this content

ย 

• Members

Christmas Eve was very nice. ย It isn't just a tradition for the Horton family, it's a tradition for the fans I found I really needed this year. ย Hope thanking "Gran" for Ciara and Claire reconciling and everything Abby wereย the best parts for me... and I cried when Hope hugged Jenn

Please register in order to view this content

ย 

Archived