Days: November 2018 Discussion Thread ⌛🦃🎩 ❄ ⛄

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was surprised that Tripp actually dumped Ciara. I thought she would be the one to end things. I think one of the reason why the Tripp, Claire, Ben, Ciara quad isn't that interesting is because Claire IMO doesn't have any chemistry with either guy. If she did, it might be more interesting. I think that Ciara does have chemistry with Tripp and Ben. I also think she has chemistry with Wyatt.  Claire OTOH doesn't have chemistry with any of them (including Wyatt) Though, I do think that Claire fit Theo. I think it also doesn't help that she comes across more immature than all of them.

I don't think that Sonny intends to stay away from Ari for long.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I found today's Thanksgiving episode funny and not in a good way.  Outside of Sarah, Eric, and Will it was like burning off guarantees for little used contract players.  And lol at John and Marlena too busy getting it on to have Thanksgiving so Will has nowhere to go.  Bro, you have a daughter and are related to half the town.  You don't need to spend Thanksgiving with Justin and Adrienne.  I am so glad Shelia got the invite to Doug's but I guess Hope and Ciara's got lost in the mail?   I can buy the absence of Chabby and crew and Jarlena, but no Brady's?  Kinda lame..

The Thanksgiving show was blah. People having a Thanksgiving meal at a nightclub because the show has no budget. I'm starting to find Will annoying.   Eric & Sarah are both boring. The way they dress a young man like Will is laughable. Here's a pic of Will. Will's outfit is from the Fred Rogers Winter Collection. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I am right at the part where the therapy guy is flirting with Paul. I hate when they pull crap like this......guy leaves but he'll be ok because someone is already hitting on him....blah....like I am going to forgot how they completely just dropped Will and Paul for an annoying mama baby sap called Sonny. Sonny and Will are old news......it was time for Will to move on but instead they ruined it by putting him back with boring Sonny.

• Members

Doing some binge watching to catch up. Everything with Marlena, Hattie and the Halloween episode were fantastic. Mimi and Bonnie's return was halfway fun. The show in general feels light and fun in places, which is such a nice change from GH.

Some of my negative thoughts: 

• Why is T-Boz still around? Was she really that popular? Am I the only one who doesn't think she's a very strong actress and is relying on her sass to cover the holes in her acting? Did Valerie disappear as a result of Sheila still being a thing? Vanessa A. Williams has a certain charm that will be missed.
  • I am about to catch heat for this. I can understand why people love #Cin so much, mostly due to desperation of there being no better options and the fact that they're both hot, but I am not overly feeling them. They're both competent actors but to call them some huge supercouple seems...premature... based on the scenes I've seen. Some of their "eye twinkle" stares seem very forced to me.
  • What the f**k is growing on Tripp's face?! 
  • I haven't liked any version of adult Abby but I'm so happy Marci Miller is out the door. She is as dull as dishwater. I think I literally fell asleep during scenes with her and Tyler Christopher, who also looks pained to be here. And the worst offender is Billy Flynn. What the f**k happened to him? I remember him being half-decent years ago. He's obviously extremely disengaged from the show and the material. When does he leave? I'm legitimately shocked that Chad and Abby are still leading characters, let alone a leading couple. Gag me!
  • I don't know Linsey Godfrey from a hole in the ground but she is a really poor fit for this cast. I think she's an Emmy winner but I don't like anything about her acting choices or the character of Sarah and desperately want her to go away already.

Also, I was very depressed to see the actress who plays Claire is still deathly skinny all these months later. I'm very worried for her health.

• Members

Nope Linsey hasn't won an emmy but I think she fits in great. Very good recast IMO

I don't get why the show lags behind ratings wise when it's so much better than GH. I'm SHOCKED that someone called what Stefan did to Abby "Rape" given ReRon's writing. He himself blocked people on twitter when they called it that in regards to Tessica on OLTL

• Members

I think Linsey's a great fit for the cast, personally (as Sarah? Well we haven't had Sarah since like 1991 and I haven't seen quite enough to form a true opinion yet). And I enjoy T-Boz. I'd rather it not be at the expense of Vanessa A. Williams though. 

I agree with @alexisfan07 on #Cin and lol I've said the same thing about what's growing on Tripp's face. 

• Members

I wonder what type of budget they have for Wardrobe and what they get these clothes from. I  have wondered about wardrobes in general for the soaps. Sometimes on Twitter, I will see Tweets that say stuff like "How to purchase Sharon's dress on Y&R" and maybe one day I will click on some of those tweets to see what money is being spent on clothes for some characters.

Granted, I know that Days doesn't have much of a budget but I feel like they could dress Will and the other men better on this show.(And women like Lani) This outfit is not most flattering outfit for Will. (Though, I was glad to see Eli in a suit on Thanskgiving and I thought he looked good in it.) 

Archived