Kelly Clarkson Talk Show picked up by NBC

Fevuh

• Members

Just read Kelly's show got picked up by NBC to air before Ellen - some are reporting Steve Harvey's show will be dropped (I really don't know if he only aired on NBC or if other networks carry him), others are wondering if they will cancel DAYS since it's only renewed through Summer of 2019.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry - I looked really quickly but didn't check off-topics.   I would say regardless if you are a DAYS fan, just hope Kelly's show tanks because it would just be more evidence that daytime has enough talk shows and news shows. 

• Members

I dunno. Kelly is better equipped for success in the daytime talk show format than most. She’s very relatable and down-to-earth in a way Katie, Meredith (who works in a newsier context), Anderson, Tyra, et al just aren’t. It really depends on her producers and how they choose to position her.

• Members

Hey, it’s not like it’s a step down money-wise. The reality is she’s pushing 40 in an era where big voices are out of fashion, and she may not want to always tour to make a buck as a mom with young kids. Like with Steve Harvey and Ellen, it could mean a big branding push that leads to endorsements and all sorts of opportunities.

Archived