• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He kind of did IMO, but I think he's fine with Shick as long as Nick is dark and he has other things to play and the Shick part is a backseat to all the "dark Nick" stuff. 

But Nick is awful. He actually asks Phyllis to work with him at Dark Horse?

• Members

Joshua Morrow: I don’t care that people don’t like it.  What I do care about is that they don’t give the story a chance and they make it personal if they say, “You are incapable of handling a story of this magnitude.”

Please register in order to view this content

"But you ARE, Blanche!  You ARE in that chair!"

Look, Joshie, I don't need to adopt any wait-and-see approach to know what you are and are not capable of handling.  I've seen you through the typical, soapy, angsty teen stuff w/ Sharon, Matt and Amy; the typical, soapy, adult marriage-screw-up stuff w/ Nick's side-pieces Grace and Phyllis; and the typical, soapy, just-give-him-the-Emmy-already stuff w/ Cassie and Sage's deaths and Summer's (and later, Christian's) paternity messes.  I've seen you try (and fail) to pull your weight in stories and scenes w/ veterans, newbies and child actors alike; and always, like the tired mommy who plays your sister, you have never risen above serviceable in any of those instances.

You are not Eric Braeden, or Terry Lester.  You are not even John [!@#$%^&*] McCook.  You are just there, and you will always be just there, because you can't handle anything more taxing to that small, untalented mind of yours than planning the next toga party, you washed-up, overgrown frat boy.

Oh, and in case you're still having trouble keeping up, bruh?  Allow me to boil it down for you: Go [!@#$%^&*] yourself.

• Members

Are you concerned about the fan backlash to your character, who was always the “good guy”?

JOSHUA:  I don’t care that people don’t like it.  What I do care about is that they don’t give the story a chance and they make it personal if they say, “You are incapable of handling a story of this magnitude.” We are in the business of entertaining people, and sometimes it hits you positively, and sometimes it hits you negatively. Some of the best films I have ever seen, I couldn’t stand the way it was going down, but if it hits you, if it makes you think, if it makes you see people evolving, then it’s interesting, and that’s kind of what has happened with Nick.  It’s time for him to do something!  He has been sitting on Sharon’s couch and trying other businesses, but at his core, he knew it would eventually lead back down to something like this; doing something on his own terms, which is exactly what he wanted.

He must read my posts!

• Members

Were YOU the one who said that?  I knew someone here had said that!  That's why I got as defensive as I did.  You accuse us of "making it personal" and then YOU turn around and make it just as personal by calling one of us out!  Sorry, Josh, but never come for us unless we send for you.

• Members

The funny thing is, the place where you said those exact words?  Have mysteriously vanished from this board.

Let us all praise our ever-watchful mods (...those [!@#$%^&*] fascists...).

And then he gets butt-hurt when we call it as we see it.

Sorry, bruh, but let me mansplain it to you: we're not here to pull punches with actors who obviously can't accept criticism.  We ARE here, though, to be entertained; and frankly, you haven't done that for a lot of us since day one.

Man, I wish he had quit after 25 years.  (Not that I believe his claim that he had thought about it, but if he had said he would in the past, then I certainly would have held him to his word.)  Just go spend the rest of your days teaching soccer, Morrow, and leave us the hell alone.

• Members

"When Nick Newman (Joshua Morrow) goes bad … he certainly does it with plenty of gusto!"

"Michael Fairman TV sat down with Joshua Morrow, who we consider one of the true MVP’s of daytime drama[...]"

Did Michael Fairman run out of hyperbole he uses to describe Maurice Benard/Billy Miller/Steve Burton's acting? It's like he can't say "one of the most spell-binding actors in the business!" and so has to use the old "he tries rilly hard!" fall-back.

Having said that...

Unpopular opinion, but I would actually rate JM's acting above that 70s hair model & ass-pinching windbag.

Archived