Possible "The Nanny" revival in the works?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I saw Fran on GMA. She sort of sidestepped it quickly. I didn't feel like it was an outright denial, or that she'd never be up for it. Guess we'll just have to see. Has her "special project" been revealed? (I don't mean her animated movie that she's a voice in). She kept teasing that and that the fans would be happy. Sort of reminds me of when people deny things when already working on it. Again, guess we'll see.

• Members

I was watching some of the old episodes again on Freeform (I think this is the first time I've ever watched that channel...) and I'd forgotten that the show was pretty modern at the way they would work in some gay or lesbian characters or themes. (they were just guest stars, but weren't made jokes or overly patronized and the show wasn't endlessly patting itself on the back the way a lot of shows do even now).

(I just watched the episode again where Catherine Oxenberg plays Max's lesbian publicist)

One of my favorites was where Fran was trying to figure out if a man she was interested in was gay and started talking to Maxwell about men being attracted to other men...and he thought she was talking about him and started talking about a sexual dream he'd had with (I can't remember who it was - George Clooney or something). It plays a lot funnier than it reads, I promise. It was one of my favorite scenes on the show.

• Members

Lol imma text Fran, I think I'm actually onto something

Please register in order to view this content

Maggie and her husband suddenly get a dream opportunity overseas and can't take their kids, Brighton's wife leaves him and their son, Gracie gets ocked-knay up-yay... they all rely on Max and Fran (who done with California have decided to move back east... to the old townhouse! Fran could plotz every time Brighton's son (his mom was of the chosen people) calls Fran "Yetta"!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've never seen The Brady Girls Get Married. Was it good?  I suppose it's somewhere on YouTube.  That reboot, The Bradys, a one-hour drama with a faux-Marcia was just so bad. I mean, great to see the show resurrected, but the topics covered should've been long arcs covered over a season (Marcia's alcoholism, Bobby paralyzed, etc.) instead of wrapped up in a single episode.