soapfan770

Offbeat Soap Facts/News bits/Anecdotes you still remember

9 minutes ago, jam6242 said:

From Days, around 1979, newspapers reported that Kaye Stevens had assaulted Susan Seaforth Hayes on the set after Susan called her out for being unprofessional.

I thought it was the other way around.  Actually, I think it was on another board where I read that SSH cold-cocked KS in the ladies' restroom (which had me on the floor laughing for some reason).

2 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

There was also the one that I used to think was a joke but people wrote into SOD about - whether it was true that Susan Lucci and Robin Strasser were sisters and Phyllis Diller was their mother. 

Because Susan and Robin had similar hair and skin tones, and they both portrayed characters created by Agnes Nixon, people assumed they were sisters.  Unbelievable.

8 minutes ago, Khan said:

I thought it was the other way around.  Actually, I think it was on another board where I read that SSH cold-cocked KS in the ladies' restroom (which had me on the floor laughing for some reason).

I can see SSH doing that (lol) but the newspapers and magazines at the time reported that it was Kaye who physically attacked Susan.  I have a clipping I'll try to find.

Susan Seaforth Hayes also had a beef with Brenda Benet. She said she had been friends with Brenda when they were young and she had betrayed her. Years later when Brenda came on Days and was paired with Bill. All heck broke loose. 

1 hour ago, jam6242 said:

I can see SSH doing that (lol) but the newspapers and magazines at the time reported that it was Kaye who physically attacked Susan.  I have a clipping I'll try to find.

kaye%20ssh_zpsbv6skenr.jpg

1 hour ago, SoapDope said:

That stuff with Jason Brooks/ Melissa Reeves/Scott Reeves.

She was looking for a riper banana. Yet, when another guy looks for a riper banana she objects.:huh:

MV5BMTY4NDEzNTc1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDYz

1 hour ago, jam6242 said:

kaye%20ssh_zpsbv6skenr.jpg

Damn....I guess they were the original set Brawlers before Braeden and Bergman...

ive heard a few things about SSH not getting along with people...

9 hours ago, SoapDope said:

Colleen Zenk and Mark Pinter. CZ seems to be a bit over the top with all the backstage antics over the years.

Flove Colleen.....let's see it was ......Colleen Zenk Crouch and then Colleen Zenk and then Colleen Zenk Pinter and back to Colleen Zenk.

Also she and HBS didn't get along.

9 hours ago, SoapDope said:

Susan Seaforth Hayes also had a beef with Brenda Benet. She said she had been friends with Brenda when they were young and she had betrayed her. Years later when Brenda came on Days and was paired with Bill. All heck broke loose. 

I know SSH has talked about her jealousy Benet fleetingly before but given Benet's sexuality and her own son's death it really paints SSH's treatment of Benet in bad light. 

I can’t blame Missy.  I would have taken a turn with Jason Brooks or Mark Valley over her sanctimonious husband.  And I used to find him incredibly hot too.  But not as hot as her costars.

4 minutes ago, titan1978 said:

I can’t blame Missy.  I would have taken a turn with Jason Brooks or Mark Valley over her sanctimonious husband.  And I used to find him incredibly hot too.  But not as hot as her costars.

Yum at Mark Valley. The guy ooozed take a turn.

I never found Scott Reeves attractive. I'd take Jason Brooks over him any day.

Are Scott and Melissa still married? I never understood how Scott kept on acting on Y&R past his date of expiration yet ensured his wife, one of Days' biggest stars at the time was placed into a panic room for years to come except for doing at TV movie about sextuplets. Later on in 2006 she abruptly decided to join Scott in Nashville. 

7 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

Damn....I guess they were the original set Brawlers before Braeden and Bergman...

ive heard a few things about SSH not getting along with people...

In a videotaped interview, Frances Reid admitted that SSH did not even like HER.

That shocked me.

40 minutes ago, vetsoapfan said:

In a videotaped interview, Frances Reid admitted that SSH did not even like HER.

That shocked me.

It always seemed like SSH considered herself a real life diva.....not the friendly type obviously.....I guess Tracey Bregman got along with her well