ghaw2007's Lyrics

• Members

Take London

Verse 1:  You're here, watch it unfold / The battle for the city is a daring move / It's bold / Falling palace, bring it down / The mighty are weaker than they let on / Revolt and they'll be gone / You're here, open your eyes / Look around at the city you despise / Burning palace / Let it crumble till it no longer stands / The mighty are losing their strength / Revolt and bury them into the ground

Verse 2:  You're here, resist blinking / The old city is sinking / Her days on the world stage are winding down / Spit out your rage / Glass palace, smash it to bits / The mighty aren't invincible / Revolt and breakaway / You're here / That's reason enough to create history / Makeover the city / Ancient palace, re-model it / The mighty will be exiled to a foreign land

Chorus 1:  T-T-T-T Take London / London is ours forevermore / T-T-T-T Take London / Royalty is such a bore / T-T-T-T Take London

Chorus 2:  T-T-T-T Take London / What's seen was hidden before / T-T-T-T Take London / Maddening authority - I'll live under it no more / T-T-T-T Take London

Written by B. (Wednesday, February 15, 2006) Copyright 2006

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Where The Humans Eat

Verse 1:  This is where the humans eat / They take advantage of the buffet / One serving of CNN / Two plates of The New York Times / This is where they come to feast / It begins when they wake up in the morning / They have a bowl of Katie Couric / Three slices of The Washington Post / A sprinkle of The Drudge Report / This is where they fill their stomachs

Verse 2:  This is where they stuff their faces / Consuming as much as they can afford to / More than one billion have been served / They never close - no wonder they're still cooking / Profits increase quarter after quarter / It's hard to choose between Honda and Ford / But when you're Warren Buffet it makes no difference / Thousands work in drug marts / Even though they tell us that drugs are bad / This is where they smell, chew and swallow

Verse 3:  This is where they become gluttons / Taking whatever they desire / Virginities and freedom of choice / Sometimes both at the same time / This is where lust is satisfied / This is where addiction lives / Walking right into death's house / They can never escape once they're inside / It's just like Hotel California / This is where the humans die

Bridge 1:  On the weekends, they don't hold back / Wal-Mart rolls back sound judgement / Sears captures their attention / The ringing sound you hear is 'Ka-Ching!"

Bridge 2:  Winners convinces them to spend / So they won't end up like others / If you make your bed / Then you'll be forced to sleep in it

Bridge 3:  Ringtones and cameras are winning the popularity contest / More votes are cast on American Idol / Than in a federal election

Chorus:  This is where the humans eat / This is where they come to feast / This is where they fill their stomachs / This is where they stuff their faces / This is where they smell, chew and swallow / This is where they become gluttons / This is where lust is satisfied / This is where addictions lives / This is where the humans die

Written by B. (Sunday, June 12, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

Kingdom of Ten Thousand Things

Verse 1:  Kingdom of ten thousand things / Rock, paper, scissors / Winners, losers and those who don't compete / Flaunt your strengths, disguise your weaknesses / How you want to be perceived must always be seen

Verse 2:  Kingdom of ten thousand things / Rock, paper, scissors / Leaders, followers and those on the sidelines / Speak of your creed and your idols / Let us cast votes to decide / Who gets a chance at survival / Black and white and grey / Everything else in between that's open to interpretation / Based on facts or intuition / Build a case / Then watch it fall down like a deck of cards

Bridge:  The weight of the world could bury me into the ground / Only if I wanted it to / The height of my fears could swallow me whole / If it wasn't for simple truths and illusions / Kingdom of ten thousand things / Winners, losers, leaders, followers / And all who are nameless / Remind us who you all are

Chorus:  Whisper into my ears / The sweetest dreams you've conjured up / Fill my head with fairy tales / Disarm me with your glare / And soon enough your touch will be all that / I'll ever want

Written by B. (Wednesday, November 23, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

I Love The Illusion

Verse 1:  I believe everything you say / I trust in all that you do / Heavy thoughts weigh me down / Easy living is comfortable / The 'Who', 'What', 'Where', 'When', 'Why', 'How' is bothersome

Verse 2:  All doubts have been cast aside / There is no reason for me to run and hide / Complexities are tiring / A simple life is comforting / The 'Who', 'What', 'Where', 'When', 'Why', 'How' is bothersome

Verse 3:  Distortions will be excused / Transgressions will be explained away / Thinking is challenging / Passiveness is effortless / The 'Who', 'What', 'Where', 'When', 'Why', 'How' is bothersome

Verse 4:  I am all that I will ever be / And I know you like what you see / A tough life I have experienced / Quick fixes appeal to me / The 'Who', 'What', 'Where', 'When', 'Why', 'How' is bothersome

Chorus:  I love the illusion / The magnificent illusion / Give me the illusion / Let me be in peace

Written by B. (Wednesday, August 6, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

Another Day of Life

Verse 1:  The universe is laughing at me every day / Sometimes I wake up / And I literally don't know what to say / Generational players were careless on a bed / And as a result, I'm f***** up in the head / You took away so much from me / As if you were a vampire / Sinking your nasty teeth into me / All that you are is disgusting / All that you are is frightening

Verse 2:  I used to be able to closes my eyes and dream / About the possibilities of the future / Belief in myself was the driving force / Which kept hope alive / I've lost the ability to dream in colour / When daybreak arrives, darkness remains / And this darkness overshadows what's left of me / I try to infuse my senses with goodness / But slowly, I think, I'm rotting to the core / All that you are is disgusting / All that you are is frightening

Verse 3:  Part of me is covered in scar tissue / The other part is exposed to the pain of knowing you / I can't begin to heal properly / Until you discontinue terrorizing me / I don't know if your mission to eradicate me / Will be successful (I hope not) / I don't know much of anything, anymore / I'm increasingly confused / How I function is a direct reaction to my surroundings / I want to be shielded from / What makes you disgusting and frightening

Chorus:  On a daily basis I have to decide / Whether or not I'm going to nut the f*** up / On a daily basis I have to stomp the bitch within me / On a daily basis I have to say "I will not kill myself" / On a daily basis I have to remind myself to stop hating / This may be unusual for you / But for me it's just another day of life

Outro:  I think about continuing / Perhaps I should stop right here

Written by B. (Wednesday, August 6, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

Confessions On A Dance Floor

Verse 1:  I love the beats, I love the movements / And all the colours of the flashing lights / I won't cover my ears, I won't close my eyes / Immersion into sweetness and magic has taken hold / It's real, it's pure and completely out of this world / Superior to any vivid dream or fairy-tale / Lush tones will linger within and around my ears / I'll be captivated to the point where I can't blink / The wave of the pulse is electrifying / It's buzz, it's shock is calling out for me / Without resistance, I surrender to the command / Instead of wasting away on my knees / I'll be high and dry

Verse 2:  Through a maze, around the wheel of life / Where it ends, when it stops / Nobody knows for sure / The games have begun / And there's tricks up many sleeves / Your hands will get dirty if you're willing to dig deep / Stirred, shaken, tossed, turned over / Like storms reigning over conquered lands / Altered realities have washed away identities and souls / Through the floods of change

Verse 3:  A battle between the hearts and minds / Like secrets and lies behind truth and revelation / Oil mixed with water and toxic fumes in the air / Being healthy is a daily struggle / Over the sun and moon in a different cycle / Sensations of various forms and flavours / Beginnings at the end and the end at the beginnings / Everything is connected among the sights and sounds

Chorus:  Confessions on a dance floor / Vibrating and settling into the core / The core of pleasure and pain / Security gets in the way of being sane / In control but out of bounds / Jumping from one target to the next / Failure and success blurred between the construction of sound

Written by B. (Sunday, September 4, 2016) Copyright 2016

• Members

Untitled

Close your eyes and give me your land / In return I'll give you glorified lies / No need to starve when I have all the food / Display loyalty and you'll get to eat / Necessities will be at your disposal / So long as you agree with me

You'll get to brush your teeth and cover your ass / Pretty please forgive me if that sounds crass / You're too sensitive but I can help to butch you up / Put you in a ring with a prize fighter / Charge people lots of money to see the spectacle / If your ear is bitten off / Do the same to the other guy / By helping me you're helping yourself / Your assistance will go a long way / By making you a better person and enriching your soul

Clap your hands and bear witness with me / As I speak the truth ever so loudly / Every word I say is from on high / Don't reject me for I'm the messenger / Syllables spill out like water from a tap / Gather all the buckets and have them filled

Time is always of the essence / Sadly, it waits for no man / We could go on and on about how things should be / Indulge ourselves in wasteful fantasies / But those luxuries are bestowed on children / And it's up to us to teach them the right way

What goes around may come back your way / And if it does, you better duck / You'll have to come to terms with your actions / Embrace accountability as gracefully as you can / Stand tall, keep your head up high / For I'm always by your side

If you ask for forgiveness, you shall receive it / A judgement-free environment is an optimal one / I'll teach you compassion and empathy / And my personal brand of philosophy / You don't have to travel the world to get what you need / The cup of wisdom is now in your hands  / You've been dehydrated / Drink up and fill your soul / Goodness will purify you in profound ways / It has the ability to outlast your bones

The future is here and now / What you make of it is everlasting / No need to knock on wood if you do as you're told / Foolish beings have been bought and sold / But you're wise enough to understand the gift you've been given

Going down is not an option / You do your best to live a good life / It gets more challenging as the days pass / And surrendering becomes appealing / Follow my lead and you'll eventually see / That what I've explained to you is real

I'm interested in your well-being / I'm interested in your healing / A comprehensive approach without restrictions / A metamorphosis of every cell and thought / Clean out your ears and eyes / For I have the cure you seek / The search for tomorrow begins now / You're young and on the edge of adventure / Place your feet in my hands / And I'll release you into the sky / You'll go beyond the clouds / And experience what's on the other side

Written by B. (Wednesday, November 25, 2015) Copyright 2015

• Members

The Ladder

Verse 1:  They say we are unusual creatures / Creatures of a foreign nature / And that we should be exposed / Young and old, we're all treated the same / Cast in the harshest of lights / And thrown away like we're trash / We seek refuge in places that are more welcoming / In places that are less frightening / Trying to survive is challenging / Mostly stuck in situations not of our own making / Confusion transforms into rage / And in its carnage, we're always to blame

Verse 2:  Suspicion seeps into our bloodstream / Turning us into pseudo-beings / And rules over us like a king / With just a look, fantasies begin to form / We dream about getting closer / And to finally make a move / If all goes well, we'll reach the state of ecstasy / Dismiss the notions of inferiority / And be proud of our identities

Verse 3:  Is there a way for us to live a different life? / To speak words we don't understand / To act in a peculiar manner / Temptation could undo all the advancements / We've worked hard at attaining / Being knocked down is closer to death / If we overcome the multitude of hardships / By getting a firm grip on the ladder / Then we'll be able to succeed

Chorus:  We always try to climb up the ladders of men / But once we reach a certain height / We get knocked to the ground / The sky is the limit / But it's difficult to reach for it / When the ladder is constantly being moved around

Written by B. (Sunday, August 9, 2015) Copyright 2015

• Members

Babel

Verse 1:  The purple sky and the dusty road / Driving the long way back from Mexico / We danced and sang and drank a lot / Perhaps it was just a little bit too much / But they keep telling me that you only live once / So take a chance and liven things up / Throw caution to the wind / Look the other way / What's up is down and will eventually come around / If you lose, you can win in other ways / It's just a matter of perspective / If you think that you're not in control / Perhaps you're right, so just take it slow / But when your blood is pumping with adrenaline / It's so much harder to calm yourself down

Verse 2:  Two boys, both curious and poor / Roaming around rocks and grass to pass the time / Without a filter and full of imagination / Secrets spill out and a confrontation ensues / The older one says he'll go and blab to dad / About the wrong things the younger one was doing / The younger one pleads for him not to tell / As his brother continues to call him names / So a punch is thrown and a kick is blocked / And now they're engaged in a petty fight / It's a rough and tumble situation / At any point, blood could spill onto the ground / And if that occurs, a price has been paid / They'll both stand up and go their separate ways

Verse 3:  Loneliness and sorrow / The only constant things in your ever changing life / So many sounds, so many signs you can't understand even if you tried / You go with the flow until you reach the point / Where you stop and turn yourself around / You can't see beyond your perceived limitations / If only your eyes were as wide as the universe / You could travel into unknown territories / Have no fear of being interrupted or losing control / You can be the only star in your galaxy / But only if you're bursting with confidence / You were told that you were plain and simple / So you believed in the lies

Bridge 1:  She told me that the sun was going to rise / But I knew that it was lies / Unsuccessful attempt at comforting me / She tried, oh how she tried / So we ran away from the gun

Bridge 2:  The older one said that the moon was about to appear / But the younger one knew that it was a lie / Unsuccessful attempt at deception / He tried, oh how he tried / Now he'll learn from his failure

Bridge 3:  There's just no way of seeing and knowing all / That's why so many of us take the fall / The future as elusive as happiness / But we keep trying to live another day / We keep trying

Chorus:  There's just no way of seeing and knowing all / That's why so many of us take the fall / The future as elusive as happiness / But we keep trying to live another day / If Babel is all that there is / We'll hold onto it because we have nothing else / As precious as water and the breath of life / We'll fight for it without a second thought

Written by B. (Sunday, July 12, 2015) Copyright 2015

• Members

Untitled

Verse 1:  They crossed the oceans and brought it to your land / They kneeled down and laid it at your feet / If only you were wise enough / You'd know that they were your enemy / Under the guise of brotherly love / Distorted realities came to be / Passing from one tribe to another / Like the manufacturing of a vehicle / Ancient truths were either hidden / Or simply lost to history / Modern customs were adopted / And now are the dominant beliefs

Verse 2:  Between thighs and across the head / Along the rivers and into the heart / The ravenous ways of savages / Were much feared and greatly celebrated / The tears from fears and assault on the land / Gave way to new territories / Your bodies were ravaged from experiments / Afflicted upon you / Beating and slashing and killing / Were prevalent and normalized / Thirst for violence and hunger for peace / Created new divisions and goals

Verse 3:  They crossed the oceans and brought it to your land / They kneeled down and laid it at your feet / Thirst for violence and hunger for peace / Created new divisions and goals / All things which are done in the dark / Will eventually come to light / Nothing is forgotten / The natural state of balance will be restored

Chorus:  Lines on the ground are the scars of history / Fluids of the dead are marked / Within the ground of history / Past is present, present is future

Written by B. (Sunday, March 1, 2015) Copyright 2015

• Members

The Myth of Solid Ground

Verse 1:  Whom you trust depends on what colour you see / Red truth, blue truth - it's not up to me / Speaking truth to power is rather subjective / Statements of beliefs are rarely objective / The war on terror is being waged / The battle for freedom seems to be unwinnable / Those who follow what they are told represent two sides / They assert their own versions of reality / Even if it's based on lies

Verse 2:  Your saviour is somebody's zealot / Tailoring your views is not the same as being well-informed / Pick a camp if you want to fight / With others similar to you / If you don't, you'll have to fight alone / Meaning you will surely lose / Your leeriness may reveal you're a coward / But if you stand tall with a forceful attitude / You may be brave

Bridge:  We're living in a free-for-all / Every matter is either true or false / Uncertainty is uncomfortable / But you will have to choose between red and blue / Those who you can count on will be fellow believers / Now is the time to place your vote / Or you will be left behind

Chorus:  The myth of solid ground / We're sinking deeper into a quagmire / The myth of solid ground / Sand is the only thing we walk on / The myth of solid ground / Is not as far-fetched as one may think / The myth of solid ground / Illusions are the current state of mind

Written by B. (Tuesday, March 1, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

Untitled

Verse 1:  You need to control everything / Everything you could possibly get your hands on / The game is over when you're broken up / But in the meantime, you play to win / Win at any cost / You know you've won when they dismantle you

Verse 2:  With your big eyes and ears / You collect data and obsess over it / Constantly making sure there's not a trace of red / Not even a spec / You're an industry within an empire / That seems to be the envy of all / Behind a screen, they disparage you

Verse 3:  You produce and direct opinions and emotions / You're a satellite revolving around millions of planets / Designing stars and re-creating galaxies / The great beyond - your ultimate prize

Chorus:  Many are awed by your hunger / Many are afraid of your hunger / Your hunger is legendary / Be indomitable and over-reaching / Be buzzed up on synergy / Be hell-bent on never dying / Your hunger is legendary

Written by B. (Thursday, January 1, 2015) Copyright 2015

• Members

No Logo

Verse 1:  We've been exposed to the harsh environments / We've been bruised, battered and wounded / We've been "all you can eat" / We were defenceless, voiceless and hopeless / We were being used / Every time you looked at us you saw dollar signs / Every time you called our names you knew we'd submit / Every time you tasted us you wanted more samples / We were aching to be set free

Verse 2:  We weren't told many things that were key to our survival / All the affection and admiration was all for show / Every time you looked at us you saw dollar signs / Every time you called our names you knew we'd submit / Every time you tasted us you wanted more samples / We were aching to be set free

Bridge:  Until today, we were the new kids on the block / We were tattooed and pigeon-holed / We were treated like dolls and toys / But all of that has changed

Chorus 1:  There's no logo / Get with the program! / It's out of fashion / We won't be advertisements anymore / We're tired of being poster boys / We're ashamed of being billboard girls / We're no longer going to live on blood and gold

Chorus 2:  There's no logo / Get with the program! / We won't be advertisements anymore / We're tired of being poster boys / We're ashamed of being billboard girls / We're no longer going to live on blood and gold

Written by B. (Wednesday, July 31, 2002) Copyright 2002

• Members

Be Very Careful

Verse 1:  Someday tears can be laughter / And pain can be relief / If there is darkness in your life / All of it might turn into light / Someday prayers can be answered / If you just wait a while / But you should be somewhat cautious / Be aware of what you wish for / I'm not trying to control you / I'm only trying to be a friend / What I tell you is reliable / It will help you in the end

Verse 2:  Someday losses can be wins / Only if you play the game right / And as you encounter fear / Courage will help you prevail / Someday problems can lead to solutions / And everything is at ease / But some things aren't definite / So you have to keep on trying / Some people that you meet will be your friends / Others will continue to pretend / They'll have no support to lend

Verse 3:  Someday screams can be chants / Of a song stuck in your mind / You will not be interrupted / Your ballad will be heard / Someday rags can turn into riches / And you will be more self-assured / Your efforts to reach success / Prove that you have passed the test / When you set out to do something / You sometimes get side-tracked / But that's no reason to quit / You'll eventually learn from your mistakes

Chorus:  Be very careful today / There's so much I have to tell you / Be very careful today / Time always seems to slip away / If you choose to listen to me / You can cast sorrow away / But if you don't give heed at this moment / You'll only have yourself to blame

Written by B. (Saturday, April 1, 2000) Copyright 2000

• Members

Don't Come Knocking

Verse 1:  I'm not charmed by your offerings / And as such I enjoy every sandwich / Keeping my sanity intact is important / So I exclude myself from your madness / Distance creates empty spaces / Which I'm able to fill with what I want / And the things I need / You better tend to your own backyard / As the trash you've created is becoming a mountain

Verse 2:  I don't struggle with addictions / Being alone doesn't mean that I'm lonely / What runs through my veins is true blood / I don't pretend to be somebody I'm not / You can't wound me with your words / They're meaningless just like everything you do / I strive for understanding and stillness of mind / There's just no other way for me to be

Bridge:  Don't come knocking / Sorry, haters / You can't take my eyes / You can't carry me down / I won't consume the fat of the land / I'm interested in catching the moon / An ambulance is on the way if you can't deal with rejection / I won't be yours to hold / I won't be yours to break / Whatever people say I am / That's what I'm not

Chorus:  Even though I'm different than most / You think you really know me / My complexities are far beyond your reach / I live in a metropolis of passion and ideas / I become visible to who I am / Don't come knocking, for I won't answer

Written by B. (Monday, September 8, 2014) Copyright 2014