ghaw2007's Lyrics

• Members

Orange Juice

Verse 1:  Orange juice sustains me without fail / Wholesome in a variety of ways / I was unfamiliar with the taste of it / So I was hesitant to give it a try / Once I saw how others responded to it / I sensed that I was missing out on something fulfilling / One day I searched for a glass / And was surprised by the reaction I experienced / For the better, I was changing

Verse 2:  Existing is going through the motions of life / When you're under and alone, you don't give it much thought / Being alive is seeking events to partake and revel in / When you do so, your true self is revealed / Every part of you flourishes / A stream of satisfaction will float through you / You'll be rich beyond measure / It will seem like a dream / But, oh yes, it's real

Verse 3:  I'm grateful to be healed by its grace / And now I'm convinced that everyone deserves orange juice / However small or big the amount may be / Every drop is precious / None of it should ever go to waste / I'll teach another what I've been taught / Creating special experiences is inspiring and everlasting

Chorus:  Contently full / Great and rewarding supply / Pure and simple, orange juice is good for me

Written by B. (Sunday, August 3, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

With Secrets To Keep
Verse 1:  I cannot stay here / Because there's no space to breathe / You keep asking questions I won't answer / Why won't you give it a rest? / You never respect my wishes / My personal life is none of your business
Verse 2:  I feel much safer / And for that I have less worries / I have protection that gets me through each day / I try to stay focused / I don't want anything to erupt / But sometimes I'm afraid I draw too much attention
Bridge:  I'm taking a risk / There's a chance that I'll get trapped / I'm just living the way that I feel is best / I'll stay a step ahead / That's the choice I've made / I'm more confident than before
Chorus:  I will do what I have to do / I will say what I need to say / There's no way for me to be real / With secrets to keep / But I'm still alive / I use them because they shield me / Without them I know that I would be exposed / To prevent myself from being knocked down / I'll be more stable with secrets to keep
Written by B. (Thursday, January 18, 2001) Copyright 2001

• Members

A Good House
Verse 1:  Peace like a river - steadily flowing / Love like a circle - never-ending / Joy like a light bulb - shining brightly / Hope like a rainbow - full of promise / Laughter like a surprise - oh, so sweet / Faith like a fruit - very beneficial / Conversations like a novel / Always different each time it's real
Verse 2:  It's built of more than bricks / It's built of more than stone / Windows so large / You can see the opening of its soul / Doors are portals into its generous heart / Harsh words don't exist / What is heard are beautiful ballads / Downstairs, upstairs - there's no difference / Wherever you are / Is just as good as any room / The exterior reveals much, but not all / Step inside to see and feel what goes on
Bridge:  It's not for rent, it's not for sale / You can build your own / That way you can customize every square foot / You become the architect and the builder / The best investment you will ever make / Is owning a good house
Chorus:  A good house has been built / With a solid foundation / And when storms pass through / It will still be standing / Those who live inside the house / Will turn it into a home / The one that everyone in the neighbourhood / Is envious of
Written by B. (Friday, September 9, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

Jeff
Verse 1:  Not a part of the mainstream / I guess you can say he's alternative / Views so different from the average person / Many think he's crazy / He behaves in a way most people / Perceive as being unusual / Just because they don't understand it / Doesn't make it weird
Verse 2:  More germ-free than the average person / You'll pass by on a busy street / Washing his hands frequently / And not touching everything in sight / He moves around carefully / Constantly thinking about the meaning of life / And how it impacts him on a daily basis / He's got the ability to dream with his eyes wide open / So unique, so impressive
Bridge:  Not easily identifiable / You'll have to wait and learn / Just who he is and how he does things / Mysterious and confusing state of mind / Only if you don't understand yourself / And why you're alive / He's naturally sound
Chorus:  Halfway between the gutter and the stars / Between earth and sky, an isolated place / Deepening the level of understanding / You have of yourself / Confidently genuine / Je-ff, Je-ff, Je-ff, Je-ff / Uncommonly singular / Je-ff, Je-ff, Je-ff, Je-ff
Written by B. (Wednesday, July 9, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

Immortal Memory
Verse 1:  He's the only person that I've ever loved / Only person that I've confessed it to / I revealed the many anguishes in my life / He now knows how I truly feel about him / I've never been so honest to myself until now / I'm more at ease by confronting some of the pain / That resulted in him and I parting ways / Still, I know things won't be the same again / My world without him has changed in many ways
Verse 2:  We were on a seeing each other basis / Now I desperately want to be your boyfriend / I take a blue-inked pen and write your name / On my chest, I write it on my right thigh / Who and what you are is the type of person / That I truly want to be with every day / The fact is: I have to make plans to see you / Plans which only involve you and I / Still, I know things won't be the same again / My identity without you has changed in many ways
Bridge 1:  To forget everything is to deny / The deep love that I have for him / After all that has been said and done / The connection between us will remain / To ignore anything is tantamount to being insane
Bridge 2:  Sleeping alone; not feeling alright / Stumbling in this dark light / That has stolen the sunshine from my life
Chorus:  C. and I grew closer every day / Because of him, I feel more comfortable in being gay / I was willing to move in with him / To hold his hand in public / My immortal memory has got my first love as its captive
Written by B. (Monday, August 15, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

Modernistic

Verse 1:  Optical illusion / Racial confusion / Medical delusion / Financial distraction / Political contraption / Legal deception / Cultural inclusion / Gender seclusion / Historical affirmation / Daily transaction / Casual reflection / Radical education

Verse 2:  Psychological destruction / Environmental separation / Parental miseducation / Social tradition / Visual appreciation / Numerical protection / General segregation / Critical invitation / Controversial distortion / Vital realization / Emotional exploitation / Monumental reception

Verse 3:  Spiritual disruption / National coordination / Practical foundation / Experimental connection / Residential evolution / Rational fascination / Biological admiration / Skeptical preparation / Sexual provocation / Territorial complication / Natural eradication / Unconventional transformation 

Chorus 1:  Here and now is what you see / And what you see is what you get / Dreams and realities collide / And the aftermath is what we're living in

Chorus 2:  Here and now is what you see / And what you see is what you get / Modernistic / Dreams and realities collide / And the aftermath is what we're living in / Modernistic / The power within us / Is what we create, what we destroy / Modernistic / Understanding and apathy circling around us / Modernistic

Written by B. (Tuesday, July 22, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

Many Thousands Gone
Verse 1:  Her bluest eye is darker than tar / Once captivating, now sullen and cold / Long, golden hair is frizzled and burnt / Lips are cracked, body is dry and rough / She is dangerously shy / Coming back to herself will be no small feat / Lost doesn't even begin to describe her state of mind / Fixing what's broken seems to be impossible
Verse 2:  His heart is colder than ice / Once full of warmth, now weak and shallow / Confidence morphed into arrogance / Disdain for others grows with each passing day / Their sentience no longer remains / It's the difference between living and being alive / These new times are nothing more than a shill for death / Years will seem to pass within seconds
Chorus 1:  Identities are like hurricanes / When emotional roller coasters hit shore / They can be swept away / Truth is like a tornado / Sometimes unexpected but powerful / Many survive / Unfortunately, many thousands gone
Chorus 2:  Life is like a glass of water / With complexities ranging from being half full / To being half empty / Truth is like a tornado / Sometimes unexpected but powerful / Many survive / Unfortunately, many thousands gone

Written by B. (Tuesday, September 20, 2005) Copyright 2005

Edited by ghaw2007

• Members

Flesh And Bone
Verse 1:  Your heights commands attention / I immediately take notice of you / Even in dim lighting / You know that I'm what you're looking for / Your boldness is manifested / Through the touch of my posterior / You've got a taste for pleasure / Without hesitation, you go down on me / Just where are you from? / I hear a slight accent in your voice / If you're not from around here / Take me away with you
Verse 2:  After a brief interruption / You reappear with the same look in your eyes / The look of wanting, the look of hunger / Solo activity is unnecessary / External satisfaction is exactly what you need / My breath will coat your skin / You'll be rushing red / Let it flow, let it grow / If you must, let it blow / You'll choose the natural kind
Bridge 1:  In the daytime, there's confusion / When the skies darken, clarity abounds / Excitement slowly rises / And reaches a fever pitch / On the beat of a desire-filled heart
Bridge 2:  In the daytime, there's chaos and tension / When the skies darken, relief abounds / Excitement slowly rises / And reaches a fever pitch / On the thrust of a dogged-out man
Chorus:  Oh, there's so much sweetness / And just a small amount / Can push you over the edge / The edge of flesh and bone / Which unites strangers like you and I / In a commonly uncommon world
Written by B. (Tuesday, May 27, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

The Ocean At The End of The Lane
Verse 1:  Foot on the pedal / Hands gripped to the wheel / Singular focus on the belief of relief / Dreams surround me like a captive / A captive of my subconscious / Struggling as I sleep / Dancing with shadows / Shadows of my former self / Their records are the only sounds I hear
Verse 2:  Dissolver of secrets / Purifier of bodies / Wholeness will flood into me / And that's what I'll be forevermore / As clear and hopeful as the sky / The sky of possibilities / I won't dance with shadows / Shadows of my former self / Their records will fall on deaf ears
Verse 3:  What seemed endless has a finishing point / The fire of longing will no longer ravage my core / The shadows will disappear / Shadows of my former self / The ocean is calling me / Loudly, clearly
Chorus:  As wide as the universe / The cure that's been hidden from me / I'll immerse myself in the ocean / The ocean at the end of the lane / Another world is waiting / Waiting for me to form a connection to it / A connection to the ocean at the end of the lane
Written by B. (Monday, December 29, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

Offspring
Verse 1:  Tired boy, he needs a snack / Give him ice cream and pie / Cherry and vanilla will get him energized / Curious boy, he wants to learn / Give him dictionaries and books / He'd brimming with potential / Letting it go to waste would be a shame / Lonely boy, he needs a friend / Give him time and space / Let him develop interpersonal skills / And apply them accordingly
Verse 2:  Funny boy, he needs an audience / Give him a stage and microphone / Telling jokes will satisfy him / And hopefully entertain others / Creative boy, he wants an outlet / Give him advice and encouragement / He's continually brainstorming and challenging himself / Athletic boy, he needs to play / Give him a bicycle and open field / Strengthening his growing body / Will allow him to achieve good health
Bridge:  Asian boy, African boy / Latin boy, European boy / Arabian boy, Native boy / Boy, oh boy, oh boy
Chorus:  The past collides with the present / The present determines the future / The future is our offspring / They deserve the best of everything / If we nurture and we inspire / If we teach and love properly / Our offspring will have better chances / At surviving and thriving
Written by B. (Monday, June 23, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

Thinking Room
Verse 1:  What is it that you seek in this world? / How can you recover a broken soul? / What will it take to become whole? / How long will you try? / Where would you go without knowing just where to begin?
Verse 2:  Whom can you trust when you don't know who you are? / How can you acquire stability when there's no stillness of mind? / What do you do when the actions of others seep into you? / When will you learn to accept what you can't control?
Verse 3:  Why do you contemplate doing away with yourself? / Who will help to loosen the effects of your unpleasant past? / When will you no longer believe in the lies you've been subjected to? / Where will you end up if you're saturated with negativity?
Chorus 1:  Stuck in situations that breed hate / Peace of mind if difficult to realize / This is your thinking room
Chorus 2:  Stuck in situations that breed hate / This is your thinking room
Written by B. (Monday, July 21, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

Untitled
Verse 1:  Without sympathies or indulgences / The view is much clearer / Always moving around with the world / Not tossed about like a rag doll / Using the ground as a platform for elevation / Hands untied and a body full of determination
Verse 2:  Partially nude with senses and expressions / A history of complications and servitude / Creating a new character and motives / The setting is the same / But everything is as different as black and white / Ignore gossip folks and those seething with jealousy
Bridge 1:  Undoing and becoming / Attaching and going through / Cycles of chaos and clarity / The mind in overdrive
Bridge 2:  To fight is to be one step closer to victory / To win is to solidify a place among the mighty / To implement acquired knowledge is to be wise / To accept what's within is a form of creation / The future is a grand mystery
Chorus 1:  Nothing is completely secure / The weak and the evil have loosened the screws / The screws of balance and of liberty / Fear doesn't have to be constricting amid ongoing feuds / Breathing to die is ignoring attainable realities / It's useless and it's wasteful / It's shameful and it's tragic / Lessons are taught for the purposes of learning / To grow over and replant roots
Chorus 2:  Nothing is completely secure / The weak and the evil have loosened the screws / The screws of balance and liberty / Fear doesn't have to be constricting amid ongoing feuds / Breathing to die is ignoring attainable realities
Written by B. (Tuesday, January 26, 2016) Copyright 2016

• Members

Astray
Verse 1:  Let any type of animal feast on their bodies / They have descended to their level  / So, it's apropos / Listen to their screams of horror / And watch as they're devoured / If that isn't epic, then tell me what is / They were chosen for greatness / But lived as beggars and losers / A thousand times removed from the original source / A repetitive mode and regressing / Unable to dream of dancing with the stars / Water and oxygen were wasted on them
Verse 2:  Compromising positions were orchestrated and accepted / Attention was the most valuable currency / Lack of shame and lack of outrage / Were visible in sound and thought / Males acted like eunuchs / While the females ran wild
Bridge:  The foundation of justice is self-respect / But when you hate yourself / You essentially become worthless / Fear of reality is pervasive / As anything can be weaponized
Chorus:  What they perceived as being salvation / Ultimately failed them / Everything ranging from education to religion / As cities crumbled to the ground / And hunger consumed more bodies / The sins of the ancestors were recycled / An epidemic of broken spirits / Was the general state of being / The art of living was lost to history / Most diseases were incurable / And most battles were unwinnable / Responsibility for failure was passed around / They've gone astray and nothing can save them
Written by B. (Wednesday, January 20, 2016) Copyright 2016

• Members

Castle
Listen up, we're taking over / You and your kind must step aside / Ranting and raving won't change anything / Decisions have been made and won't be reversed / Nothing is fair so don't complain / We keep getting richer and we like it that way / We live like kings, we live like queens / That rule over useful peasants / It's our birthright, our rightful place / Hush your mouths if you disagree with our ways of life / With how you're treated

Shacks will be converted into mansions / Mansions that captivate and astound / With grass that's greener than the colour green / And gardens so lush, they'll seem unreal / The sun will rise and fall on our part of town / The best part of town / This is how we'll choose to live / Live like kings and queens in our very own castle

Knock, knock / Who's there? / Possibly your worst nightmare / Put on your shoes and pack your bags / This is your only warning so take heed / Everyone should travel / So be glad that you'll get to see the world / It's larger than most people realize / It's vibrant, it's complex / And while you're doing that / We'll live like kings and queens in our very own castle / In our modern castle

Pushed along, pushed aside / It's difficult clinging to pride / We're constantly told nothing stays the same / Like a broken record, it drives us insane / Psychologists give useless advice / On how to deal with our new ways of life / We don't believe in what they say / They haven't experienced our pain / We put them in the same category / As politicians and salesmen / They always have something to sell / But the more we buy, the more we sigh / We dream of being kings, of being queens / Reigning over our very own castle / Living in a modern castle

As dark as night, as bright as day / Two opposing sides of an ancient spectrum / Perhaps its destiny that needs to be fulfilled / And when that's achieved, only the mighty will rule / They'll rule over us like kings and queens / In castles we've built, in castles we've lived in / We'll be forgotten royalty / On a journey to reclaim our very own castle / And if we're successful, we'll cherish our castle / So let's fight to have our own castle

Written by B. (Friday, October 9, 2015) Copyright 2015

• Members

Construct
Verse 1:  "What do you want to be when you grow up?" They asked / "I want to be a flower" She said / "You cannot be a flower" They replied / "I have seen it happen" She said / She's young and ideas are brewing in her blood / Passion is the guiding force / She's fragile and beautifully unconventional / Everything seems possible
Verse 2:  Operating with many notes / Different approaches must be considered / Demands on body and mind can be frustrating / Always pull yourself together / Plasticity should never be crafted / When you trust yourself, truth is revealed / Transform your baggage into positive energy / Newfound determination is a progression of vitality 
Bridge:  Life is a revolving door of madness / Generate hope instead of sadness / Comparison can lead to obsession / Development of identity creates a stable foundation / Brokenness is like ashes falling from the sky / Healing of souls is a delicate process, if you try
Chorus:  Construct your aspiration / Strive for confidence / You don't have to look hard / To find magic in the world / Construct your motivation / Strive for clarity / Having a sense of purpose is the critical element / Construct your tranquility / Strive for peace of mind / Destructive forces continually challenge ways of life
Written by B. (Wednesday, April 30, 2014) Copyright 2014