General Hospital March 2018 Discussion

• Members

I just remember how crazy everyone got when Liz and Jason hooked up and Sam turned into a vixen and went after Lucky for revenge.  I think she also had sex with Ric and something to do with one of Liz’s kids too.  Memory is fuzzy.  And it was great.  But Steve and Kelly both publicly complained about the storyline.

What is really clear to me is that they both complained if they were broken up before Steve left but now Kelly has Billy as a real life boyfriend and is pretty clearly wanting that relationship to be the one for her now.  So they are not constantly bitching about getting back to Jason and Sam.

People shouldn’t be nasty about it.  That part is awful.  But she and Steve complained a lot about the times they were not together.  And there is none of that this round.  On her part it’s been pretty obvious she wants to stay with Billy onscreen.  

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not a regular GH viewer and after trying to tune in for some of today's ep I can understand. I'm sorry but if you don't have a big budget (as neither soap does these days) stop trying to do these "big events". I'm finding this to be a comedy episode. Especially, the set being used for Jason and Sam. Instead of the scenes giving off drama, I'm finding it B movie comedy. Most of these events never have any lasting impact and are completely forgotten about a month later. Another reason they don't work. This isn't really a knock specifically against GH, but against soaps in general. This doesn't bring new viewers in when it's done so badly. 

• Members

All so true. The lack of budget for this earthquake makes this one hilarious trainwreck. None of it looks real.

And isn’t it great that none of the permanent GH sets were hot bu the quake? LMAO Other sets? Let’s just say production wise, it’s awful. 

• Members

+1

Personally I stopped watching after Genie was let go and Anna was revealed as having a son with Faison.

I haven't even kept up with daily recaps. I do see they had an earthquake? LMAO.

I can only imagine how bad it's coming across.

I was really liking the direction of the show until those two things above, and the focus remains on all the wrong people and couples (for the most part).

Chit will laugh at me but I feel the same way. Being on Y&R too and forced to try and emote helped him a lot. I feel there's more quiet emotion to Jason than I used to remember seeing. I don't know but I've liked how he's been playing it. I've never hated him but I really despised Stone Cold at times. And it could happen again, lol

• Members

I've loooong wished they'd have given up on JaSam. Blah. Sam is so blah now. She was never anything to write home about and I feel she had some moments over the years, but ugh. I did enjoy her vixen turn. Some women play vixen much better than heroine. I also always sort of resented Sam because I felt her placement sort of pushed Liz aside even though Liz was still given a lot to do.

I was dreading the Mike thing for the same reason. Glad to hear Max Gail is doing great. I'm not currently watching and he's the only thing I feel like I'm missing out on.

EDIT: I'm also sick of shows letting the actors dictate their pairings .... input into character and story is fine but you're an actor, do your job ....

• Members

It doesn't seem like they will. Carly keeps saying Sam is hiding by marrying Drew. While Carly isn't quite the truth teller she used to be, I think she's going to be right this time.  It's too bad because I wouldn't mind seeing Jason with someone else for awhile.  I don't care much about which couples are together, I'd just like to see some of the acting partners switch up a bit.

• Members

So I'm watching yesterday's episode ... blah

At least Max Gail is on and it does look like he's doing a great job.

Aw, how convenient that Nelle needs a new place to live ... lol. The problem with the Nelle thing is that it's been there done that and they sort of painted Nelle into a corner that they didn't have to, which makes it harder to believe Michael would go back to her, even through her manipulations. I don't know. It could have been so much better than this.

I guess I liked Jason and Michael's talk and it's always nice to see Monica.

Archived