The Justin Timberlake Thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

I'm with @I Am A Swede: no lies detected, lol.

Ladies and gentlemen, the REAL Justin Timberlake, a white kid who's cute enough in his western attire, but who's really just an average performer:

Edited by Khan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)

I don't think so.  And, like Jennifer Weiner writes in that column posted upthread, even if he is cancelled, it won't be for long.  This country is all about giving people a second chance, especially if the person in question is white and male.

Edited by Khan

• Members

She's right - the climate in America today makes it likely he could come back in no time at all. What hurts him is that he has simply aged out of his market. His attempt at moving to earthy country or whatever the hell Man in the Woods was flopped. His comeback into R&B also flopped. He's just not that special to anyone outside of his oldies circuit, and he doesn't have any respect from artists coming up. He is a has been. I won't be that shocked if he ends up going the Pat Boone route, just with a falsetto.

• Members

Justin has some great hits, but that's all. I've never seen him as a true entertainer. Or a great singer. Yes, some songs are absolute bangers and I will listen to them to no end... but something about him always make me feel like I'm listening to a Michael Jackson tribute act.  

• Members

I agree.  JT could put out a slammin' album tomorrow, but no one under age 40 is gonna care.  He's truly ready for the Vegas residency/talent show co-host circuit.

Edited by Khan