Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There have been rumors that Matt Lauer was about to start his comeback tour so I'm guessing one of the networks was willing to give him another shot. I think that's the real reason he's lashing out and upset because this ends any chance of a TV return. I'm surprised that's not been mentioned at least in the articles I've seen. 

• Members

His daughter put out a few videos that he was in. This got gushy media attention...until the allegations popped up again. His daughter has since deleted the videos. 

I do think that he has enough powerful friends in the industry to try to push for him again in a few years, if he wants it to happen. 

I can see why some might feel Ronan has gone after NBC so hard because they didn't support the Weinstein story, but I do think there are many valid reasons to go after them. There's been clear corruption and toxicity at NBC for many years - the way they handled the Ann Curry fiasco, Brian Williams, on and on and on. NBC has too much power in this country - the support they gave Trump in particular is damnable.