Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bright Eyes

Film Awards Thread

Recommended Posts

Between Kyle Maclachlan losing and the latest Hollywood hypocrisy of claiming to be against sexual assault while their actions suggest just the opposite, I'm glad I skipped it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

Between Kyle Maclachlan losing and the latest Hollywood hypocrisy of claiming to be against sexual assault while their actions suggest just the opposite, I'm glad I skipped it. 

The highlights for me was seeing BJK in the audience. The award presentation from Carol Burnett and Roseanne/John Goodman. The rest of the show was a snoozefest including Opraph's big speech.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

The highlights for me was seeing BJK in the audience. The award presentation from Carol Burnett and Roseanne/John Goodman. The rest of the show was a snoozefest including Opraph's big speech.

 

Just picture a nude white male delivering the speech...let me know what you think then.

 

Anywho, caught Oprah's speech on Twitter in its entirety and it was incredible.  Her delivery was mesmerizing!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dragonflies said:

Okay I'm seeing Kirk Douglas getting dragged on twitter, supposedly because he raped Natalie Wood years ago? WTF??

 

Roseanne what a slap in the face to the survivors

 

Wow!

 

 

 

Also, Ally Sheedy, STRONGLY implies James Franco and Christian Slater perved her years ago!

 

https://www.thecut.com/2018/01/james-franco-golden-globes-ally-sheedy.html

 

 

Edited by ChitHappens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a very sick feeling in my stomach that, at some point, there is going to be a HUGE, male-driven backlash against the #metoo/#timesup movement.  Men are going to take only so many knees to the groin before they've had enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

 

Just picture a nude white male delivering the speech...let me know what you think then.

 

 

Having another bad day? Sorry to hear that!

1 hour ago, Khan said:

I have a very sick feeling in my stomach that, at some point, there is going to be a HUGE, male-driven backlash against the #metoo/#timesup movement.  Men are going to take only so many knees to the groin before they've had enough.

Totally agree with this. The male actors were either brooding during it or tuning out. Then when the audience gave   the grand dam O a standing ovation ...some men took a while to stand up for it.

I love what Ann Curry had to say about this.....

 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ann-curry-media-wont-change-glass-ceiling-is-broken-1072021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love this part of the Ann Curry article:

 

She also discussed the current atmosphere of animosity toward journalism. "I wish that journalists would stop making themselves so vulnerable to this attack," she said. "What we should do is put our heads down and do the work."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Khan said:

I have a very sick feeling in my stomach that, at some point, there is going to be a HUGE, male-driven backlash against the #metoo/#timesup movement.  Men are going to take only so many knees to the groin before they've had enough.

The change in size (pun unintended) is exactly why there will be a backlash. No men is going to let his ego stay bruised for any length of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Why do they need a third talking head at this point?  Gayle and Norah seem to be doing just fine.

 

Speaking of...can Gayle get a life outside of Oprah? Lawd she is with her everywhere!  I guess she wants to milk their friendship for all its worth!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair though, Gayle and Oprah have been friends since the 70s, I think.  Before Oprah was ever on The Oprah Winfrey show. 

 

I mean, Oprah's middle name is Gail, for Pete's sake :lol:.

 

I've just learned to accept that they are inextricably linked at this point, especially after Gayle is divorced from her cheating hubby.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell, Oprah PAID for Gayle's divorce!

9 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Why do they need a third talking head at this point?  Gayle and Norah seem to be doing just fine.

 

I guess they don't want to appear to be following "Today"'s lead?  IDK, it makes no sense to me either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Khan said:

Hell, Oprah PAID for Gayle's divorce!

 

I guess they don't want to appear to be following "Today"'s lead?  IDK, it makes no sense to me either.

 

Which is especially odd since Rose got the boot way before Lauer. They could've kept going along with no announcements and it would've been fine but I have to remember that this is CBS...and Les Moonves

 

 

Here's the inevitable anti-Me Too backlash but probably not from where most people would expect.

 

Edited by DramatistDreamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...