Jump to content
YRBB

Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Hillary and Cane teaming up is the only interesting thing going right now. Jordan unfortunately is the weak link there. 0 chemistry with MM or CK. They're smart to sell Hilary's motivation as being more about him leaving her for Lilly than about actually wanting him because I'd never truly buy it.

 

Faith should have been SORASed. I'm sick of this ten year old brat being the shows leading ingenue

 

I still hate Tessa and her bad bangs. Making her bi and adding a useless prostitute sibling has done nothing to change that. The character has been handed a perfect life way too easily. She lives on the Newman ranch, has a record deal, a new boyfriend with a rich family that readily accepts her all in less than a year. I hate her character.

 

I'm so sick of Victoria being on every gotdamn day and this little medical mystery story she's got going is some of the dumbest garbage I've seen in a while. I do like her scenes with Neil though and the feud with Jack. They'd be smart to play that material up more instead of trying to make fetch happen with this Phyllis/Billy/Vicki triangle.

 

Jack and Nikki works on paper but onscreen its like two old bittys reconnecting. MTS brings the Bruce Jenner esque mannerisms out of PB. :ph34r: Its awkward to watch

 

Ravi and Ashley are also boring. Those love scenes at the cabin were gross, not because of age but because there is 0 sexual chemistry between the actors. I don't buy Ash being interested in him and he needs to be with the younger characters

 

Everything with Dina has been a nonstarter for me. I don't care about any of it.

 

Alice being back and behind the human traffic ring? YAWN

 

I hope Mal can turn this show around but I doubt. I'm only going to give him 2 months and if its the same crap I'm tuning out for good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faulkner   
42 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

 

LMAO, uh yeah, they are  B)

I remember Christine being involved in the early Cassie storyline. And they do have a common mortal enemy in Phyllis, which I'm not sure the show played up (maybe because the show has been so dreadful in the past decade that I haven't watched regularly).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aback   
7 hours ago, slick jones said:

Considering Mal has been in charge the whole time, everything has been his.

 

Exactly!

 

7 hours ago, detroitpiston said:

Jack and Nikki works on paper but onscreen its like two old bittys reconnecting. MTS brings the Bruce Jenner esque mannerisms out of PB. :ph34r:

 

ROTFL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, detroitpiston said:

Hillary and Cane teaming up is the only interesting thing going right now. Jordan unfortunately is the weak link there. 0 chemistry with MM or CK. They're smart to sell Hilary's motivation as being more about him leaving her for Lilly than about actually wanting him because I'd never truly buy it.

 

Faith should have been SORASed. I'm sick of this ten year old brat being the shows leading ingenue

 

I still hate Tessa and her bad bangs. Making her bi and adding a useless prostitute sibling has done nothing to change that. The character has been handed a perfect life way too easily. She lives on the Newman ranch, has a record deal, a new boyfriend with a rich family that readily accepts her all in less than a year. I hate her character.

 

I'm so sick of Victoria being on every gotdamn day and this little medical mystery story she's got going is some of the dumbest garbage I've seen in a while. I do like her scenes with Neil though and the feud with Jack. They'd be smart to play that material up more instead of trying to make fetch happen with this Phyllis/Billy/Vicki triangle.

 

Jack and Nikki works on paper but onscreen its like two old bittys reconnecting. MTS brings the Bruce Jenner esque mannerisms out of PB. :ph34r: Its awkward to watch

 

Ravi and Ashley are also boring. Those love scenes at the cabin were gross, not because of age but because there is 0 sexual chemistry between the actors. I don't buy Ash being interested in him and he needs to be with the younger characters

 

Everything with Dina has been a nonstarter for me. I don't care about any of it.

 

Alice being back and behind the human traffic ring? YAWN

 

I hope Mal can turn this show around but I doubt. I'm only going to give him 2 months and if its the same crap I'm tuning out for good.

 

ROTFLMAO. I just love your posts!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like they're verging slightly toward the exploitative in the way they've been tweeting out so many photos of Jeanne Cooper's dressing room lately. It was fine with Beth Maitland but now they're using the dressing room door as a shield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Juliajms   
2 hours ago, DeeeDee said:

Whose idea was it to center Y&R around Amelia Heinle?

I like her more than most here and I still do not agree with it. Let's hope Sally is the one who decided to put her on this much.

22 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Speaking of Phyllis, Gina Tognoni is over-acting trying to sell this storyline.  Then again, soap operas don't reward subtlety.

What storyline? Are you talking about Phyllis trying to hang onto Billy? Not even being sarcastic, my attention wanders so much during the show I truly am not sure what you mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeeeDee   
12 minutes ago, Juliajms said:

I like her more than most here and I still do not agree with it. Let's hope Sally is the one who decided to put her on this much.

 

+1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Juliajms said:

What storyline? Are you talking about Phyllis trying to hang onto Billy? Not even being sarcastic, my attention wanders so much during the show I truly am not sure what you mean.

 

Her spastic gesticulations during her scenes with Lauren and Michael on Thursday's episode-- it all was just an odd display to watch. Came off as forced and OTT.

Yes, we all know that Phyllis is upset at Billy's commitment to BandS but all that gesturing, flailing and mean-mugging looked silly to me, IMO it just undercut the severity of what the character is supposed to be conveying to the viewers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Juliajms   
1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

 

Her spastic gesticulations during her scenes with Lauren and Michael on Thursday's episode-- it all was just an odd display to watch. Came off as forced and OTT.

Yes, we all know that Phyllis is upset at Billy's commitment to BandS but all that gesturing, flailing and mean-mugging looked silly to me, IMO it just undercut the severity of what the character is supposed to be conveying to the viewers. 

I understand. The whole part of the canvass is failing to grab my attention.  I'm really hoping the show gets better soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KMan101   
18 minutes ago, Juliajms said:

I understand. The whole part of the canvass is failing to grab my attention.  I'm really hoping the show gets better soon.

 

Same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×