Dana Reeve has passed away

Jecca

• Members

From Yahoo news -

Dana Reeve, who fought for better treatments and possible cures for paralysis through the Christopher

Reeve Foundation, named for her late actor-husband, has died, the foundation said. She was 44.

Reeve died late Monday of lung cancer, said Kathy Lewis, President and CEO of the foundation.

"On behalf of the entire Board of Directors and staff of the Christopher Reeve Foundation, we are extremely saddened by the death of Dana Reeve, whose grace and courage under the most difficult of circumstances was a source of comfort and inspiration to all of us," Lewis said in a statement

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just had heard Kirby Puckett died this morning, and watched a little of what they had to say on ESPN. Then while my big dish was making the rounds back over to the ABC feeds I said to myself well there is one, I wonder who the next two will be. Then I get on GMA and they mood has changed from how they were earlier and they put a picture up of her with the year and I was like I shouldn't have said anything. She seemed like such a strong person and it's sad to see her pass away after all she and her family has been through. My prayers and thoughts are with her family and especially her son. He's been through so much at a such a young age.

• Members

This is just such a sad story :( She spent so many years caring for her husband and together fighting for cures of spinal cord injuries. And then when Chris died, she then was able to through his death carry on his cause more and then only to get slammed with cancer and now pass away. It just tugs at my heart strings so much, and now their poor son, at 13 lost both parents :( May you rest in peace Dana.

Archived