Jump to content

Classic Y&R Episode Counts: October 1998


Recommended Posts

  • Members

October 1998

A jam-packed month. Phyllis and Diane have their first catfight ever but put it aside when Michael comes home and tells them he was kidnapped. "I did it because I love you!" Phyllis admits later. "I wanted you to pay attention to me!" Classic Phyllis stuff. Katherine begins to crumble under the pressure of Jill's attempt to take over the Chancellor estate. Ditzy Esther is so worried she sets the kitchen on fire. It's all Jill needed -- she takes Katherine to court for an emergency hearing and wins. Katherine is ordered to leave the Chancellor estate until a decision is made about the case while Jill looks on triumphantly. Callie schemes to secure a singing waitress gig at Gina's. While Gina refuses to pay her as a singer, and therefore get involved in her fight with Trey, Callie gets the chance to show off her voice to the citizens of Genoa City. Victor is convinced to move back into the penthouse and call Diane's bluff. While Victor is pretending to be back with Diane, Nikki gets to have a lot of fun disguising herself and having nasty office sex with Victor. Victor fake-romances Diane and promises "the kind of evening only I can deliver." Diane agrees to the divorce and barfs. Jack and Phyllis' flirtation begins in earnest, and he calls Phyllis "Red" for the first time. Victor gets a shock when Brad returns to town -- he wants to work with the legend that is Victor Newman again, he says. While in Denver, months and months of scheming, seduction, and fantasy come to fruition as Nicholas and Grace sleep together... only for Sharon to surprise Nick with her arrival. He sleeps with her right after sleeping with her best friend. Philip the Terror returns, but brings with him his sexy soccer coach, Brett. Brett has an interest in writing and in Nina. How wonderful that the show allows Nina to be beautiful and sexy, and has hunky men interested in her, instead of condemning her for not being a size zero. You'd never see that in today's soaps, except as a joke. When Sharon overhears Grace and Nick talking, she finds out they had sex. In a state of despair, she walks out into the street and is hit by a car. As the month comes to an end, Victoria experiences abdominal pain and is checked into the hospital as a precaution. Katherine decides to fight -- and turns up at Michael Baldwin's doorstep. And Alice's got a new boyfriend -- that amazing, sensitive man named Al -- and is about to move in with him... unaware that, among her old things, is a file that will give her the answer to Cassie's whereabouts! 

 

GcakRXX.png?1LAguqRp.png?1zWnIGD0.png?1SDl6uVT.png?1FqEdeeq.png?1eLZTJFX.png?10lsMiZG.png?1LITzlvJ.png?1lDU6RnR.png?1Bm9zc1a.png?1wxp52Vq.png?1k9STlDL.png?11cteHsB.png?1blRcyZN.png?1KubW1Y4.png?1OHL7vUp.png?1Z4YMcj6.png?14So41rD.png?22O5x2vo.png?1hYu1uo7.png?1UnOxljG.png?1

 

 

October 1998 Episode Rankings

22 Episodes (Episode 6473-6494)

 

1. Eric Braeden (Victor Newman) 19

2. Lauralee Bell (Christine Williams) 17

*. Sharon Case (Sharon Newman) 17

4. Peter Bergman (Jack Abbott) 16

5. Jennifer Gareis (Grace Turner) 15

*. Joshua Morrow (Nick Newman) 15

*. Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki Newman) 15

8. Doug Davidson (Paul Williams) 14

*. Alex Donnelley (Diane Newman) 14

10. Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor) 13

*. Christian Le Blanc (Michael Baldwin) 13

*. Jess Walton (Jill Abbott) 13

13. Don Diamont (Brad Carlton) 12

14. Kristoff St. John (Neil Winters) 11

*. Patty Weaver (Gina Roma) 11

16. John Castellanos (John Silva) 10

*. Scott Reeves (Ryan McNeil) 10

18. Kate Linder (Esther Valentine) 9

19. Sabryn Genet (Tricia McNeil) 8

*. Brett Hadley (Carl Williams) 8

*. Tonya Lee Williams (Olivia Winters) 8

*. Nick Scotti (Tony Viscardi) 8

*. Michelle Thomas (Callie Rogers) 8

*. Heather Tom (Victoria Newman) 8

25. Leslie Bevis (Ruth Perkins) 7

*. Tricia Cast (Nina McNeil) 7

*. Sandra Nelson (Phyllis Romalotti) 7

*. Shari Shattuck (Ashley Abbott) 7

29. Shemar Moore (Malcolm Winters) 6

*. J. Eddie Peck (Cole Howard) 6

31. Camryn Grimes (Cassie Newman) 5

*. Karen Hensel (Doris Collins) 5

33. Marissa Arena (Marissa Barton) 4

*. Carolyn Conwell (Mary Williams) 4

*. Ashley Jones (Megan Dennison) 4

*. Nicholas Pappone (Phillip Chancellor IV) 4

*. Anthony Pena (Miguel Rodriguez) 4

*. William Wintersole (Mitchell Sherman) 4

39. Laura Bryan Birn (Lynne Bassett) 3

*. Bryant Jones (Nathan Hastings Jr.) 3

41. Tamara Clatterbuck (Alice Johnson) 2

*. Robert Clotworthy (Judge Russell Jennings) 2

*. Patricia Cullen (Gail) 2

*. C.J. Hunter (Noah Newman) 2

*. Ernestine Mercer (Millie Johnson) 2

*. Keith Neubert (Dr. Hudson) 2

*. Rodney Van Johnson (Trey Stark) 2

48. Diane Charles (Lisa) 1

*. Pamella D'Pella (Julia) 1

*. Christopher Kriesa (Charlie Ockwell) 1

*. Greg Lauren (Brett Nelson) 1

*. James Wellington (Rob) 1

*. Unknown Actor (Trey's man) 1

 

 

**Sorry for too many caps. It was a very full month!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

You're welcome, all!

 

5 hours ago, titan1978 said:

Cricket is second in appearances of that month, and not in the recap at all.  Which is hilarious and so fitting for those of us who were forced to see her onscreen every day for a decade. 

 

Ain't that the truth! She was busy being Victor's lawyer and continuing the investigation into "Jim"/Carl, but she's mostly supportive/taking over other people's stories. lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 hours ago, YRBB said:

You're welcome, all!

 

 

Ain't that the truth! She was busy being Victor's lawyer and continuing the investigation into "Jim"/Carl, but she's mostly supportive/taking over other people's stories. lol 

That seemed to be the case with most of 1994-2001 for Cricket!

Please register in order to view this content
 besides the Phyllis stuff of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I'm so glad you we're able to recap this month in full @YRBB!!! Please keep on sharing!

 

LOL I remember several years at another soap board a lot of "Da Stafford©" fans didn't believe me that Jack and Phyllis started while Nelson was in the role nor did they approved on any Sandra Nelson clips from Youtube available either. 

 

You know Y&R was excellent when you're only complaint is that Cricket is on too much. I always figured Bell didn't care but recognized it did appease fans enough when Phyllis called Christine "The Bug". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

You're welcome!

 

2 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

That seemed to be the case with most of 1994-2001 for Cricket!

Please register in order to view this content
 besides the Phyllis stuff of course.

 

Indeed, or at least she was not as constant, a great improvement.

 

45 minutes ago, soapfan770 said:

I'm so glad you we're able to recap this month in full @YRBB!!! Please keep on sharing!

 

LOL I remember several years at another soap board a lot of "Da Stafford©" fans didn't believe me that Jack and Phyllis started while Nelson was in the role nor did they approved on any Sandra Nelson clips from Youtube available either. 

 

You know Y&R was excellent when you're only complaint is that Cricket is on too much. I always figured Bell didn't care but recognized it did appease fans enough when Phyllis called Christine "The Bug". 

 

I fully intend to! 

 

Yep. And it wasn't just a flirtation. When Stafford came back, that was the second time Jack & Phyllis had been together!

 

That is true. It'd take her over most of what we've had in the past 15 years. Phyllis messing with Christine was delicious for that reason. When she became more supportive in the late 90s though it was so much better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Do guys think that Michelle Thomas' Callie would have possibly become a permanent fixture on Y&R for years to come? @YRBB@YRfan23@deedee? I ask just because it was all so promising to start with. I thought Thomas' Callie was wonderful especially coming from a mainly comedy background and was shocked by her sudden passing. Unfortunately the recast and the storyline just really soured after Thomas' passing. By late '99/early '00 it seemed like someone just dug up a Paul story from circa 1983. crossed out Paul's name and just put Malcolm there instead when dealing with Trey, his goon, and a possible femme fatale. 

 

 

On 7/15/2017 at 5:54 PM, YRBB said:

=

 

Yep. And it wasn't just a flirtation. When Stafford came back, that was the second time Jack & Phyllis had been together!

 

That is true. It'd take her over most of what we've had in the past 15 years. Phyllis messing with Christine was delicious for that reason. When she became more supportive in the late 90s though it was so much better.

 

Yep in fact Jack was still hurt over the way things had ended when Phyllis had come back to town there. I wish Nelson's Phyllis had been able to stick around but I think Phyllis was temporarily sacrificed for the overhaul the show went through to develop a younger teen set. Of course once Stafford was available again there was no question in bringing Da Stafford© back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 7/23/2017 at 0:26 PM, soapfan770 said:

 

Do guys think that Michelle Thomas' Callie would have possibly become a permanent fixture on Y&R for years to come? @YRBB@YRfan23@deedee? I ask just because it was all so promising to start with. I thought Thomas' Callie was wonderful especially coming from a mainly comedy background and was shocked by her sudden passing. Unfortunately the recast and the storyline just really soured after Thomas' passing. By late '99/early '00 it seemed like someone just dug up a Paul story from circa 1983. crossed out Paul's name and just put Malcolm there instead when dealing with Trey, his goon, and a possible femme fatale. 

 

Yep in fact Jack was still hurt over the way things had ended when Phyllis had come back to town there. I wish Nelson's Phyllis had been able to stick around but I think Phyllis was temporarily sacrificed for the overhaul the show went through to develop a younger teen set. Of course once Stafford was available again there was no question in bringing Da Stafford© back. 

 

It would have been nice if she had stuck around. She had a ton of potential and I think she would have been a star for the show. Imagine her interacting with Dru? It would be glorious. They put quite a lot of energy and effort into building the storyline and character that they could have mined years out of it. Unfortunately, the recast ended that quickly.

 

I don't think the teen set had anything to do with it. It wasn't even a teen set until 2000. I feel mostly the show had a ton of things going on at that time, Jack was super busy with the takeover storyline, and for that story also needed to keep Diane happy. They might have felt they don't have much time in the show anymore to devote to the character. When Phyllis came back, she came back involved in the teen set anyway. It would be pretty funny if she was let go because of the teen set and then brought back to be part of the teen set story! lmao

 

Yeah, I highly doubt they'd ever not choose Stafford.

Edited by YRBB
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy