Daytime Emmys 2017 Discussions

YRfan23

• Members

They ought to hold the ceremony live during the day on The Talk. Have the show air a two-hour special, or I dunno, have a two-parter episode (the second half being taped and airing the second day, or not have it live at all and just air it on The Talk the next two days after it's held). CBS always fares well, so it's a lot of kudos for their own lineup. 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Somehow I don't see CBS wanting to give up their airtime or their adspace to host the ceremony, given the ratings for the Daytime Emmys over the last few years.

I don't watch The Talk but something tells me their ratings are much higher and they'd be taking a significant hit financially from advertisers.

• Members

Which is more than the Daytime Emmys' last TV broadcast rating. CBS will not want to air something that gets less ratings and more importantly, will command less in advertising dollars.

Anyone interested in the Agnes Nixon tribute, it begins around 47:00.

• Members

That was lovely.

Brynn Thayer looks like a million bucks. It's lovely to see Erika again. Andrea Evans speaking with her normal voice is neat. Kim Delaney looks like she's doing better - I should've known how close she and Agnes were, as I remember Kim comforting Agnes when she seemed inconsolable during her View appearance the day of AMC's network finale.

I'll never get over where I was and what I was doing when I saw Bianca come out on live TV - I think it was over Christmas. I was watching the show as a gay teen and it was huge for me. That's what daytime does at its best.

Archived