Dallas: Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Maybe. I guess we could include Cally in that category.

Did JR even have a genuine love? He started with long-suffering younger wife Sue Ellen, next there were numerous side pieces, then a considerably younger wife Cally, women from the past re-enter his life, and at the end of the original series he's all alone.

• Members

Speaking of Vanessa, I still believe they waited way too long to introduce an illegitimate son for JR. It was a believable twist that JR would have a child out there.

Looking back at the early self contained eps, they burned through a lot of story, most of which was done and dusted in an episode and forgotten.

Imagine if Ray's country singer girlfriend Garnet had returned or Pam's first hubby etc

What happened to Aunt Maggie? Was she Digger's sister?

• Members

I think they should have introduced the illegitimate child via Barbara Eden's character. Wink Wink !

Bringing back some of those characters from the late 70/early 80's in the later years of the show sounds fun.

Willie (Greg Evigan) shows back up and torments Lucy in a game of cat and mouse after spending time in the pen. 

Garnett shows up and tells Ray she gave birth to his child after leaving Dallas.

During Lucy's second marriage to Mitch, she returns home suspecting he has been having an affair and pulling away from her. Mitch starts seeing Dr. Elby to work things out in therapy to deal with his demons  from the past and the side of himself he is hiding. He has also re-connected with an old college flame that has opened up this can of worms. Lucy follows him to the racquet club and see's the old flame is Kit Mainwaring.

Katherine continues to want to get even with the Ewings and decides to enlist the help of Alan Beam.

Liz Craig marries Jeremy Wendell and she helps him with his fight against the Ewings. 

Rita the unwed mother that J.R. sent packing returns with a rich husband who wants to crush the Ewings. She meets with Sue Ellen and threatens to tell everyone in the Dallas press how she tried to buy her baby on the black market back in 1978.  

• Members

There are so many things I would have done differently had I been Leonard Katzman.  Bobby would have been killed off at the end of the miniseries.  Pamela would have taken a firmer hand in fighting J.R.  John Ross would have been born female.  Vanessa would have been Black (and James would have been half-Black).  J.R. would have shot himself (but framed Pamela for it).  The list goes on.