Dallas: Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

When I look at that clip of J.R. visiting Val....I always cringe that the series set designer had the stairs too close to the front door and had that weird step down into the living room and kitchen. In 1997 when they did the reunion movie "Back To The Cul-De-Sac...the set designers finally corrected the mistakes that should have been done in the series by moving the stairs back about 3 to 4 extra feet enlarging the foyer ( including having enough space for a grandfather clock) and took out the step down having everything on a even level. It made the Ewing home much more spacious and inviting especially during the anniversary party for Karen & Mac.

Edited by SoapDope

• Members

LOL......I felt the same way too about when Karen would freak out over Meg. Val's book might effect Meg, Meg is kidnapped, Greg wants Meg back when he married Abby etc.....then when they did the 1997 reunion....Surprise.....Karen drones on Mac about Meg wanting to know who her real parents are and how it will effect her if they are not honest with her.

• Members

I agree that it would have been a satisfying exit for Sue Ellen, but Leonard Katzman probably wanted her departure to be more dramatic; and since Linda Gray wasn't about to let Sue Ellen go out the way he likely preferred - falling-down drunk, or languishing in some mental hospital, screaming for Dusty - this had to do.

• Members

Pam should've been kidnapped by Katherine with Bobby searching for them. Margaret Michaels could've played Pam for a handful of episodes.

Speaking of Bobby.... I thought he and Mandy would've been a great pairing post Pam. It's too bad JR had to ruin her. I don't know what the ladies found attractive about JR. 

• Members

Actually, @Soapsuds, I would've just had Pamela die from the car crash.  It would've happened off-screen, of course, since Victoria Principal probably wouldn't have returned even for one or two scenes.  But the next season could've picked up from Pamela's funeral.

And believe it or not, @Soapsuds, I would've kept Bobby single for the rest of the series (and for the revival series, too).  Bobby loved Pamela too much, IMO, even to entertain the thought of remarrying after her departure.  Instead, Bobby would've just poured all his energies into raising Christopher as normally as possible while still living with the rest of the family.  (He might even have reached the point where he gets sick of fighting with J.R. all the time at Ewing Oil and decides to run Southfork instead.)

Women would try and snare him, of course, because of who he was, but Bobby would've been still too much in love with Pamela to walk down the aisle again.