Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Vee

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

aka Avenger 2.5. This looks good. Im actually more excited for it than Avengers.

They finally got Black Widow's hair looking good! I hate the soccer mom cut that Whedon always has her in the Avengers films. She tends to look decent outside of those but she looks best here

• Members

I don't mind soapy - it's just all the silly contrivance and meaningless emo misery I have little time for. But maybe it will be better than the comic. At least the Marvel heroes of the screen are limited enough to where they can't kill off some bit player last seen in 1975 to try to make us have a sad.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

This is actually a super hero film that I am most interested in seeing. They got the trailer right for this one. I was never a big Captain America fan but Winter Soldier was a nice surprise, and fostered enough good will to make me want to see this when it comes out. 

• 4 months later...
  • Members

I've mostly heard talk about how disgusting the Steve/Sharon stuff at Peggy's funeral was, but then those fans already disliked the pairing anyway (as does Chris Evans, I have a feeling).

• Members

Oh if I was going to hate I'd say a lot more, judging by some of the comments I've heard. That one just stuck out for me because it seems so crass to use a popular character's funeral as an excuse for the MCU's latest romance (which no one even seems to like) to mack, especially as it's the man she loved and her niece.

• Members

well thank god they didnt move forward with Black Panther and Black Widow. That would have given you material to go off on. I dont think anyone would have liked that either. The MCU films are good but romance isnt something they do particularly well

• Members

I actually wouldn't mind that - I don't think I would have minded Black Widow/Hulk either if it had been written better, but it was not. I thought some of the interviews said they were still going to continue the relationship. I hope not...

• Members

I'm pretty sure Peggy has died before. The issue of her failing health, twilight years and possible demise was always a factor in the Steve/Sharon relationship in the comics. I think she died again a few years ago.

Archived