West Wing Alums Return

Josh

• Members

'West Wing' Alums to Return for Show's End

Wed Mar 01, 6:27 PM ET

A flock of alumni of NBC's "The West Wing" will return to reprise their roles one last time for the White House drama's final episodes, the network announced Tuesday.

Rob Lowe will come back as Sam Seaborn, the senior political official he played from 1999-2003. Lowe was nominated for an Emmy for his performance in 2001.

Mary-Louise Parker, who now stars on Showtime's "Weeds," will return as women's-rights advocate Amy Gardner, who in years past has had an on-again-off-again romance with presidential adviser Josh Lyman (Bradley Whitford).

Also bringing back their characters: Anna Deavere Smith, Emily Proctor, Marlee Matlin, Gary Cole, Tim Matheson, Timothy Busfield and Annabeth Gish.

"West Wing," starring Martin Sheen as President Jeb Bartlet, has five episodes remaining before going off the air for good after seven seasons. The program airs Sundays (8 p.m. EST).

This year's story line has featured a presidential race between candidates played by Alan Alda and Jimmy Smits. NBC promises that the election will be decided before the series disappears.

The show's alumni will appear on one or more of the final episodes, but not necessarily the finale, which will air May 14. Aaron Sorkin, who created the show in 1999 and served as executive producer until 2003, will not be returning to aid in the finale, NBC said.

All that I can say is that I am not sure what role Mary Louise Parker is going to play but I for one want Josh to realize that he loves Donna and send them off together!!!!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am LOVING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! I GET SAM BACK!! EEE E E E EEEEEEE! :D :D

Also - I'm hearing good Josh/Donna stuff in spoiler/spumor-ville. ;) I think Amy's just gonna help with the campaign stuff... or to make Josh realize what he wants!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It was an awesome episode (although a bit disjointed) with the first of many HUGE pay-offs as the writing is on the wall that the show is coming to a close.

This was the first episode in what will be indentified later as the closing story arc.

So this is what happened: The Santos team starts to get the news that their are tied, nationally, with Vinnick after the whole San Andres Nuclear disaster fallout. Donna, Annabeth and Bram all go up stairs in the hotel to knock on everyone's door and spread the news. Donna goes to Josh's hotel room and he's in his Pj's (I think the big ones that CJ gave him) and Donna tells him the news. This leads to a BIG KISS. Just as Santos is about to walk in. They, however, break away from the really hot kiss (did I mentioned that they finally kissed?!?) as not to be seen by Santos. That was the first 1 minute.

There are three main stories all going back and forth. Santos and company are on a high because they are polling so well and they start to develop a new strategy to target undecideds which includes going to California, a State the previously wrote off because it is Vinnick's home state. They, however, get derailed in their plans when they get a call from the President inviting both Vinnick and Santos to the Whitehouse for a meeting. This is bad timing since they can't capitalize on the momentum. Meanwhile, over at Vinnick's camp, someone has to be blamed for the fall in the polls and Bruno thinks that he is being squeazed out. They debate whether or not to give up on the 50-state plan and the RNC higher-ups show up and criticize Vinnick and his main guys for not catering to the value-voters. Bruno and Shelia try to explain that they need undecides and thus they won't campaign on gay marriage but the VP candidate and the RNC disagree with them and pretty much order them to speak to the party faithful - Christian Right Winger nutjobs. Their strategy gets interupted when Bartlett calls them to Washington.

In Washington, we learn that Will and Kate have started a sexual relationship and are having a hard time keeping their work and personal lives seperate. Things get a little more serious when the President concludes that he has to invade Kazachstan in order to keep China and Russia from an all out nuclear war. He calls the candidates to the White House to tell them this, but of course no one knows why they are going there.

The Candidates arrive with their staff and wonder why the president has called them there. Vinnick is very pissed when they are left waiting and Leo is invited to a private discussion with the President. This is where the President asks Leo for his advice on the situation and Leo puts aside the election to discuss the real issues and agrees with the invasion plan. The candidates come in next and are stunned to learn that they are about to inherit a 10-15 year war committment with no exit strategy. They are also disapointed this is happening during the election and know that this will now shape the last two weeks. The President says "one of you will inherit this" as we see that both Candidates are not thrilled about it but understand it is what must be done - reluctantly.

Elsewhere, Donna and Josh decide that the kiss was just 'one of those things' but Donna thinks that maybe they should pursue something more. At dinner, Donna leaves her room key with Josh and Josh is about to pick it up when Rhona realizes that Donna left it behind and goes to give it to her. Both Josh and Donna are disapointed.

The show ends with a music montage of Vinnick's cheif of Staff Shelia resigning from the campaign and advising Vinnick to give up on the 50-state plan and target the party faithful to shore up grass-roots support. He is noticably shaken by this and, oh yah, he's got a pretty nasty cold. Santos absorbs the news about the pending invasion as the President wonders what he'll be remember for: either the guy who got them into the mess or not remembered at all since one of Santos or Vinnick will be rememebered as the guy who saved the crisis...

It was an awesome episode.

• Administrator

According to epguides.com:

148. 7-16 2 Apr 06 Election Day (Part 1)

149. 7-17 9 Apr 06 Election Day (Part 2)

150. 7-18 16 Apr 06 Requiem

151. 7-19 23 Apr 06 Transition

153. 7-21 7 May 06 Season 7 Episode 21

154. 7-22 14 May 06 Series Finale

Next week looks really good/sad with Leo dying. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived