West Wing Alums Return

Josh

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have loved the last two episodes. I've loved seeing Amy again. Swoon.

Vinick as Sec of State is a brilliant move. I found this move very rewarding. It was a near perfect ending for a near perfect character. I was really worried that Vinnick was deluting himself by thinking he could run again. It is not an age thing but when you lose you lose. Vinnick was right though, if it hadn't been for the nuclear accident then he would have kicked Santos' butt. The election was a virtual tie and Vinnick does have a case for running again, but... you can't get away from the fact that he's old. He is older than Bartlett is now and he's older than Santos by half a generation.

Moving back to Santos' camp, it was disapointing that the third-to-last episode was without so many long time favourites. Even Kate wasn't in this episode for the third in a row. But Amy was there and lets just day dream about her some more. Ok, I've snapped out of it. Amy, Lou and Anspaugh, I mean Goodwyn, are all excellent advisors in Josh's absense. I guess Santos doesn't want a woman VP as per Amy's advice. I do think that Baker will be Santos' VP by the looks of things. Was Bram in this episode, I can't remember?

I really like how the Santos little ones will be in public school. I find it a tad unrealistic but it was a nice tough. It goes along with Santos' education stance too. Helen as FLOTUS is priceless and I enjoyed her interaction with the staff. One of my favourite West Wing continuity moments is the expression on people's faces when the first walk in to the Oval. Helen was amazing :)

Looking to the next episodes, I wonder if the President will pardon Toby. I think that is where they are going, ala Clinton's last days in office. Part of me thinks he shouldn't but really, Toby is part of the reason Bartlet got elected in the first place and Toby was instrumental in the re-election. Toby lost his brother in space and Bartlet lost a brother in Leo. I think that maybe this will put some of the things into perspective. Then again, who gave Toby the classified info in the first place? I wonder if they will finally address that.

Back to you Rebecca and Josh...

• Members

I really liked the last 15 minutes or so of yesterday's episode. Yay for one that centered on our Claudia Jean!! :) And theres a typo in the constitution!! Anyone know where theres a clip of that? lol. Love it. Miss Toby to death. We'll see whether Bartlett pardens him or if the idea just dissolves. *sigh*

Final episode Sunday.... wow....

Archived