Days: Rob Wilson Interview

• Members

I completely agreed with this until recently. I thought his Petey Cortlandt worked pretty well. And even though that whole first year of his Ben was dull as dirt, he always seemed likable enough. He definitely does well with those flashes of anger that have been peeking out from under the surface for months and months (there's something very "Boston" about it, and he embodies that well). 

But the bulk of his dramatic stuff lately has screamed terrible to me. The scenes where Abigail confronted him about putting the tracker on his phone felt like I was watching a high school drama student play out a scene he'd only read five minutes earlier. Like, I didn't even believe that he was the character speaking those lines. He's had his moments in this story, and I do think the experience will help him grow as an actor, but I'm finding a lot of his scenes painful to watch because I flat-out do not buy what he or the script are attempting to sell. 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

basically. He can hold his own against the peeps he plays opposite most (Abby & Chad), so I don't see why peeps are so bothered by his acting? He's not bad to look at, either. And his character is a lot more 3-dimensional than most. 

the wat PTB are throwing his character under the bus in the name of Abby + Chad is so tragic, tho. -_-

Archived