Short-Lived / Long-Forgotten Shows That Deserve DVD Releases

Khan

• Members

In another thread, I opined that "It's Your Move," a short-lived sitcom starring Jason Bateman, that aired on NBC during the 1984-85 season, deserved to be released on DVD (despite the fact that it "died" after one season and is probably still beloved only by a hardcore, cult audience).

I'm curious, though, whether we can think of any other short-lived and/or long-forgotten shows that haven't been released as of yet on DVD but definitely need to be.  (I mean, for God's sake, if they can put out "My Mother, the Car"....)

(As always, if this has been done before, just merge this thread with the other.)

Aside from "It's Your Move"...

"He & She"

"My World and Welcome to It"

"Open All Night"

"The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd"

"The Slap Maxwell Story"

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are so many I would love to see. I'm sure there are more, but - in no particular order - here are the ones I'd be most interested in (sticking just with comedies, or the list would be even longer):

The Good Life (not the UK sitcom that's already available as Good Neighbors; I'm talking about the 1-season Larry Hagman/Donna Mills sitcom)
Harper Valley PTA
Duet / Open House
Temperatures Rising
Chico and the Man
Mr. President
The New Dick Van Dyke Show
House Calls
Teachers Only
Hot L Baltimore
Oh Madeline
Goodnight, Beantown
Here We Go Again
Frank's Place (I recall that it was considered for DVD a few years ago, but music would have needed to be replaced.)
Sanford
He & She
Big Brother Jake
E/R (the sitcom with George Clooney; not the drama with George Clooney)
Roc
Good and Evil
Women of the House

• Members

It's A Living.......with Ann Jillian and Crystal Bernard

9 to 5

The New Gidget

Rocky Road

Double Trouble.....with the Sagal twins (sisters of Katy Sagal from Married With Children).

Karen.......a 60's sitcom starring Debbie Watson. I have a few episodes from private collectors.

• 2 years later...

Archived