ReddFoxx

Did local NAACP chair lie about being black?

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/did-naacp-president-lie-about-her-race-city-investigates/33533026

SPOKANE, Wash. - The City of Spokane announced Thursday it's investigating whether the president of the Spokane chapter of the NAACP violated the city's code of ethics in her application to serve on the citizen police ombudsman commission.

Rachel Dolezal serves as chair of the independent commission, in addition to her work as an adjunct faculty member at Eastern Washington University and president of the NAACP local chapter. On her application to serve on the commission, she identified herself as African-American. But public records, including Dolezal's own birth certificate, list her biological parents as Ruthanne and Lawrence Dolezal of Montana. The Dolezals told KXLY Thursday that Rachel is their biological daughter and that they are both white.

The gold is in the last few seconds of the video. If you want to fast forward, go to about 8:29 and you will be pleased.

tumblr_inline_nptxkyy6jk1qbepmd_540.jpg

Wow.

I saw a tweet saying Nicole Sullivan needs to be in the movie version of this. I'm glad someone else saw the resemblance.

LMAO! This is too much and her husband went along with it. Make yo money, Rachel! Give interviews about your soul is black and you fought it as long as you could.

In today's racial climate as we've severely regressed as people, someone chooses to be black? Alright now

I keep seeing people say there's nothing wrong with being "transracial" and if you don't oppose transgender people you should support her.

Ugh.

I keep seeing people say there's nothing wrong with being "transracial" and if you don't oppose transgender people you should support her.

Ugh.

LOL! They would have a point except race is not real and there's nothing essential about being black or white so you can't feel that you were supposed to be born a different race. A white person may identify themselves more with black CULTURE but that doesn't mean they think they should have been born black.

ROFL, what is transracial? People really needs to stop making up things out of thin air. I don't dispute that there are white people who identify with black people heavily (Teena Marie), but to this went beyond that and was just plain fraud. She also made a lot of claims of harassment that the police have found questionable.

Hey if she's willing to put in the work I say welcome to the struggle my sista!

OLYMPICS-BLACK-POWER-SALU-008.jpg

I have to be honest when I say this does not upset me as much as it does some. She does not appear to have acted with malice, and to our knowledge, she has not taken a single penny that does not belong to her. Some might argue that she stole by simply faking her identity and taking a position that someone else might have gotten, but I'm still not really bothered by it. I get a huge chuckle.

I have to be honest when I say this does not upset me as much as it does some. She does not appear to have acted with malice, and to our knowledge, she has not taken a single penny that does not belong to her. Some might argue that she stole by simply faking her identity and taking a position that someone else might have gotten, but I'm still not really bothered by it. I get a huge chuckle.

Agreed. Some folks live to be outraged.