B&B: The Summer of Steffy

• Members

Yeah, I'm not a Steffy fan either. I used to be, back when she had potential, but now she's been reduced to a weak, pathetic little woman who can't do anything without fawning all over a man - a man who is taken. It's so boring. A summer of Steffy is a summer of boredom. The writing just isn't there to give characters like Steffy depth, that can also develop these elongated, tired triangles. I don't understand why Steffy is still not over Liam, given that they have been separated for well over a year. There must be better men in Paris than bloody Liam.

B&B can be so predictable and lazy at times. Steffy and Wyatt is a lazy choice, designed for cheap drama. I could stomach a summer of Steffy if it meant pairing her with Carter, but in order to make them work, Brad would have to do his job and literally create some interesting storylines for them that would give us some good drama. I guess that's too hard.

It's a shame JMW has had so much work done at such a young age. I guess she took inspiration from HT when they worked closely together.

While Kate's storylines sucked, Ashleigh Brewer did show us that she can act. That's what B&B should be capitalising on.

Ivy's bland and forgettable b/c they haven't bothered to develop her or create an interesting character to begin with. AB is capable, but they're not doing anything interesting with her. She's not alone in that: Justin, Oliver, and even Aly and Carter are quite forgettable characters (the latter two simply b/c they don't get any storylines of their own).

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is very true. B&B is so often filled with supporting roles that are underdeveloped and have no real defining personality and given no meaty storyline or airtime, while their favorites continue to get cranked out in frontburner story after frontburner story. They have dynamic personalities and drive the story (or react strongly to the story).

It's no wonder that couplings like Justin/Donna are together offscreen and then eventually divorce offscreen. We are given and shown no concrete reason for their breakup, other than that there's no tension to make them interesting, so they split 'em.

Archived